This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookies and this site.

Recently, after I updated to the latest version of firefox, my computer (well the browser) has decided not to save cookies for any long period of time from this site. I have checked multiple times and it says not to delete cookies, and it does not do this for any other website, but if I close the tab (not even all of firefox) or if I wait for too long of a period of time its like the cookie timed out and I must relog in. This is handlable, but odd (and rather annoying).

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, why it may be happening (I'm suspecting it has to do with updating firefox), and how I could fix it if possible. If it isn't possible, then I'll just continue logging in more often.

Thanks
    -Tuttle
    We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

I've been having the same problem. I was just thinking about making a topic about it here, too. Beat me to it! I'm using Firefox as well, though I don't think I've updated very recently, (I have 1.0.7, is there a newer one?). I remember when I came back to this place after several months, I didn't need to log in after so long, and now I nee to do it like every five minutes.
    Nanu nanu.

Comment

Haha, Empress, try the newest one : 1.5.4. There should be an option somewhere to automatically download the newest version - try that.

I'm running Vista B2, too, for the record, and I've had no problems, yet. Display drivers are another issue, but FFox has been good to me. Are you sure you're remembering yourself when you come in?

Another aspect could be messed up cookies that have a perm-relog setting on, which you would wipe and redownload to fix.

Nothing else comes to mind though - check the online forums for ff support?
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Haha, I figured mine wouldn't be the latest. xD I haven't bothered to update just because of sheer laziness, and so far this is the only problem I've had with this version. And as problems go, it's pretty minor. And yes, I -do- check the "remember me" box each time, to no avail.

I'll go ahead and get the latest version, anyway. Thanks for the suggestions. (:
        Nanu nanu.

Comment

Always press "remember me" every time, no fail.

And the perm-relog would be strange, especially because this was from an auto updating ffox which I didn't have problems with and this is the only site anyhing happens at, but if it comes down to hat I'd try that too.
          We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Working...
          X