Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shoutbox gives incorrect 'cookies deactivated?' error...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shoutbox gives incorrect 'cookies deactivated?' error...

...under Camino 2007070522 (v1.6a1pre). This is on a Mac running MacOS 10.3.9.
    ----
    What is a 'topic lead'?

[edited to consolidate double-post. kli.]
    Frog blast the vent core!

Depending on how the forum is set, a topic lead is what shows up in the page with all the thread titles.

No idea about the cookie message, though.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Wizardling, I got a great chuckle out of seeing "I have no idea what a message lead is" right below the topic title. I didn't know what it was, either; I tried to leave it blank once but it wouldn't let me. I put something stupid on it....

It seems as though that message about cookies is because you aren't accepting cookies from this site, or you have cookies disabled completely. Check your browser's options. Although if you're using Safari, I don't think you can control cookies/temporary Internet files. If you're using Internet Explorer you look under the tools menu, and click "Internet Options"; in FireFox you click Tools, "Options".

Hope this helps!

-Edited to make explanation more organized/less confusing, and to get rid of an unnecessary apostrophe
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Actually, the issue with the shoutbox has nothing to do with cookies from this site. You can accept cookies for youngwizards.net, as I assume you have, Jamie, and it still won't work, because it's not really the same site: it's a shoutbox site, or something similar.

In my case, the cookies it's set are from 54443.myshoutbox.com, and I'm not sure if the numbers vary or not. It sounds like a spam site, or ads, so it's probably blocked to begin with or out of habit- but I'd go through and look for myshoutbox and enable that.

Comment

Working...
        X