This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The requirement of java-script

I've been recently needing to use links (well links2), which is a text-based browser, and was coming here to read the forums because its on my daily things to do (okay, by daily I mean at least 3 times daily...). I found that logging in it was confusing to see if you were logged in, that the new posts and such things on the top were missing (which is understandable), and that posting was not possible because of the necessity of having java-script.

I'm assuming that it would be difficult to make the forums such that they degenerate (I think that's the word...) better, but it seems relevant to mention anyways. For now I'm just opening up firefox if I want to post and hoping it doesn't lag down the system enough to need to kill firefox to be able to do so much as open a terminal.
    We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Tuttle, I feel your pain, but I just checked the Eve manual, and it doesn't appear to allow Javascript to be turned off. Sorry.

Lately, I've been running Firefox with the NoScript plugin, and it's amazing how many web sites complain at me -- even my own blog has some script that's firing that I didn't expect.
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Working...
    X