This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre May 2007 DD Chats

I was going to read the older DD chats, and the ones that were linked to the chats listed on PM's website are broken. I regret knowing why, and therefore understand that Peter's unable to maintain the website.... The reason I'm inquiring is that I'm wondering if there is another place where the DD chats were archived.

I was thinking maybe archive.org? I noticed that Garrett put in a couple chats from there himself, so maybe they have all the chats there.
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Garrett has the older chats and I'm assuming is going to separate them out and load them up to here once he and Kathy know what they're doing about chat logs (I think I heard at some point there was an issue with putting them up like is currently being done and am assuming that's why they're not up already). I had them saved along the rest of PM's website, and sent Garrett a .tar of them all. But anyways, Garrett has them and will do something.
    We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Yeah. It had been planned that Peter's website would remain up for a while, but something went wrong somewhere (in the billing department, I'd guess) and the ISP cancelled his account. Once cancelled, it's difficult to re-instate, unfortunately.
      -- Rick.

Comment

I just went to archive.org, but I couldn't find where they had archived DD chats. I have no idea where to go....

I'm not sure that this is possible, but the only thing that I can think of at the moment is that Garrett went to the archived YW.net on archive.org, and logged in there and found the way to the chat archived from back then....

I'm stumped.
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

I have copies of the old DD chats on my machine, and I plan to make them available soon.
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by EricG1793:
            I'm not sure that this is possible, but the only thing that I can think of at the moment is that Garrett went to the archived YW.net on archive.org, and logged in there and found the way to the chat archived from back then....
            Something to that effect, yes. :-)

I have copies of the old DD chats on my machine, and I plan to make them available soon.
            Me too. :-) Wonder which of the various holders of archive copies will actually get around to it first....
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EricG1793:
              Something to that effect, yes. :-) </div>[quote]

Really? I was doubtful that somebody would even be able to log in that way! I mean number one, whoever was archiving the site at that time probably wasn't a member here and therefore couldn't even get in to the forums to archive them, and they'd have to archive the entire board and all the user names and passwords.... I'm amazed that you could do that. I try to log in, but number one I wasn't a member at that time, and number two it didn't say I couldn't log in; it just didn't load after about five minutes of trying to, so I gave up. I've tried a couple more times but I can't do it for some reason. Ah, well, whatever. What's important is that we get those DD chats recovered.

Although I am interested in trying to log in and look at the forums from way back then; I can see the posts that have gotten "purged" from the deletion of old threads, see what the most active users were like back then, etc. I'll try again right now....

Comment

Are you able to post the chats? I'm interested in saving them to my own computer, and also I'm sure there are other people who'd like to view them online, too.

Thanks much!

PS. Sorry about this double post; I'll consolidate it with the last one once Garrett replies to this thread, or the issue is resolved, whichever comes first, OK?

Comment

Working...
                X