Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Main Young Wizards chat room doesn't work!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Main Young Wizards chat room doesn't work!

I click on the Main YW chat room and only black, yellow, and blue boxes pop up and nothing happens. I waited with the screen (30 mins) and It won't work.
    why?
    my heart in in my hands...yuck!

Good question, Mona.

Processor?
    Video card?
    Operating System?
    RAM?
    Java installed?
    Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
    Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Chime uses Flash now, and many people, including me, had to download a newer version to get it to work for them.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

its' proabably becasue you don't have the most recent version of flash installed. the link to the place to download it is in one of the topics posted by lee in the messages from the forum administrator topic.
        this is the link

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.c...veFlash&promoid=BIOX

if that doesn't work check and see if you have flash disabled.

and if none of the above works i reccomend using a different computer

this is the link
        ---------------------------------------
        YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
        "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

THX 2 u all! I really appriciate it!
          my heart in in my hands...yuck!

Comment

I have the flash and stuff but its not letting me into chat. It was letting me in yesterday and now its not.
            The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
            DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

huh...ST are you using internet explorer, netscape, or firefox? i dunno but i think that internet explorer works better with chat.

i've never used firefox only ie. and you should also check and see if flash is enabled in your internet security settings.

other than that i dunno what to tell you.
              i've never had a problem getting into chat so i have no idea what might be wrong.
              ---------------------------------------
              YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
              "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Im useing IE flash is enabled I put it on myself IE works best with chat but I still cant get in. I think its my DSL that chats not likeing. thanks anyway
                The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
                DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

...(lonepower took it over)
                  I don't know!

Comment

I can't get into the chat either. I click on the link and all of that. Then when it gets to the top of the little person or what ever you want to call it and it just stops. It doesn't go into the chat room.
                    Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

Don't know if this will work for anyone, but try logging out of the BOARD, and then logging back in before going to Chat. It sometimes works.
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I have tried that. I have even refreshed my cookies and my browser like thousands of times but still can't get in.
                        Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

Then, I would say check your caps lock, and make sure you're using the same login and password for the chat that you're using for the board. It's happened before that someone forgot they changed their login or password, and thought they were blocked from chat.

Also, make sure you've got the latest version of Flash, and that you can run flash from your browser, as has been mentioned above.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Ok. I will try the flash thing
                            -----
                            It still doesn't work. It just keeps doing the same thing. Stopping once it gets to the top of that person. I don't think I have been banned. I can get on it at a friends house.

[edited to consolidate double-post. kli.]

Comment

Working...
                            X