This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No display name entry field?

When I visited the Forum today, I got a page that said that my profile needed to be updated.

One of the required profile fields (marked with an asterisk) is "Display Name"

Unfortunately, there is no text entry field adjacent to "Display Name" where a person can type one.

Fortunately, it let me update the profile without actually entering a "Display Name."
    (There also was a checkbox that was marked with an asterisk. Unfortunately, now I don't recall what it was, and it is not visible on the profile page.)

The Required Display Name can be seen whenever I open "Edit profile".

Strange.
    Selden

Hey, Tori again. Selden, yes, same thing. With mine. It has been doing that to me and my sister for the past couple days. I am not sure what it is myself, either.

Bye. Tori, is the site undercontruction?
    Vampires are love.

Comment

I think this is some of the fallout of DD's sense-of-humor failure. I think we all have to re-agree to abide by the Terms of Service. You just have to look it over, agree that everything's a-ok by you, and your account goes back to normal (at least it did for me).

I was tempted to try changing my login from kli6 to "Kathy Li", since I'm the only mod/admin without their real name hanging out there, but decided against it. My advice would be to leave the field alone, and just stick with your current Display Name.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I think there's no field for display name because you can't change it - you're updating your information.

All you needed to do was check the box to say you'd read the Terms of Service and would obey them. I suppose you can change the other things too, but I didn't.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Hey, I realize it's a bug.
          That's why I reported it.

If you can't set the value, it shouldn't be there at all, let alone be flagged as a required entry.

No biggie.
          It's just confusing.
          Selden

Comment

Hey, Sorry, well i found out somehing, soemthing the Admins migt have already known. But, if you ever change your disply name, it will make you sign in with that diply name,. I kept trying my usually sign in name, and of course it didnt work. So, after 3 hours of trying to find out the tproblem, i came to the conclusion, that. I jst had to have my account info sent to me, and what do you know. Withen 3 mins of clicking that buttn, i had the info in my e-mail accunt and waiitng to be opened. Now, when i opened it, i found that my diply name has to "ToRi" and i hadnt even thought about the name having anything to do with. My kuddos to the YW site, for the fast, reliable "get your account info, or lost password", thanks much. Now, i am in chat, and happy. Remember that if you change your disply, you will be changing your sign in name, atleast thats what it did to me. For i know, that most of you who change their disply name, will not want to be fussing over it for 3 hours like i did. Yes Yes, im just being informative and making sure no on else has to go through the trouble i had.
            Bye bye All,
            Tori
            Love and be loved

Comment

Buggy, buggy, buggy...

I think that Groupee is getting weirder all the time about what protocols it will accept and use, but since the alternative is, most likely, no site at all, I'll cope. Just as long as it doesn't force me to use IE, which has happened for one of my classes
              "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

something like tori said I changed my name Countrymusic (something)(lucky didn't change my passwprd or any thing). Well another time (two days ago) I couldn't get in thought I had everything the same way. Does any one know why that might of happened? (just wondering)

Country Music!!!
                Weird ppl. rule the world!!! (not tori thought)

Comment

Working...
                X