This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken links

I've just noticed a broken link on YW.com, not net- when you click to get a blurb for To Visit the Queen, the link's broken- I'm pretty sure it's misspelled, because I, er, found the page by changing the link a little in my browser...
    ... anyway... I wasn't sure this is the right plae, but though you might like to know.
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Hmmm.... the shoutbox is apparantly "temporarily unavailable" according to windows. Very strange. I am sure that it is just "temporary". Maybe it is tired and taking a nap. Maybe it is tired of being shouted at. Maybe it just doesn't like "refresh". <laughing> Oh well... I will shoutbox ya all later... that is, if it feels up to it.
    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Or maybe it's been extended chatbox abuse? To quote from Lee's original chatbox announcement:
      We're testing out a shoutbox on the main forum page. Its primary purpose is to let members alert each other as to whether they're available for chat while they're on the boards. Please don't use the box itself for extended chats, as that'll just drive DD's bandwidth costs up again. For conversations more than a few exchanges long...use the chat area!
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Well, good to know. I don't think that I read that portion of the chats. Guess I will have to spend some more time reading old posts.

Hmm... can't win. People complaining because of too many new messages and too much shoutbox time. What do they want? <chuckling>
        -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
        The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.

Comment

Maybe we need Lee to set up a general rules and FAQ for Newcomers topic area, rather than relying on randomly dispensed Newbie Packs...
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
            Or maybe it's been extended chatbox abuse?...
            ...Please don't use the box itself for extended chats, as that'll just drive DD's bandwidth costs up again. For conversations more than a few exchanges long...use the chat area!
            Oops. Me again - sorry. I've been talking a lot in the shoutbox .
            I should have looked through more of the threads, like that one, first.
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

mea culpa, too. I only remember because I was around when Lee posted the original notice. It's hard to dig through the archeological layers to the older stuff.

Comment

I am all for a FAQ for Newcomers topic area, as you put it Kli. There are a lot of things that I don't know about this forum. And I bet that I am not the only one... and there are bound to be more people after us who don't know. I think it might be a good idea to make it something that you read before you are allowed into the chatroom. Well, maybe it shouldn't be manditory, but strongly advised reading just the same.

Hmm... something to ponder... yes.

Comment

Yeah... heaps of stuff is in the scrolling news thing, but I personally never read that, and I guess most others wouldn't either- I rely on the forums and if you're new then it's hard to dig through. A FAQ might be a good idea.
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                  X