Latest Posts Not Showing Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Posts Not Showing Up?

I don't know if this is just my PC or if it's the site, but the recent posts aren't showing up...

Every time I load the YW forums index page, where the recent posts and user stats should be, it just displays the word "Loading..." for an endless amount of time. I've let it sit, seeing if it would actually load, but it hasn't. I think once it did, but I haven't been able to get it to show since. What could be causing this?
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Check your browser's preferences for javascript.

I don't have this problem, but I just checked firefox with javascript disabled, and what you mention is what occurs. If you have javascript enabled, then I am not sure what else would be causing it. This isn't something which is happening for everyone however, as I have not had this issue (except while trying to replicate it).
    We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

mine does that occasionally... eventually it comes up though.
      2 Saxy 4 u 2 Handel...

Comment

Tuttle: Thanks for the idea! I've been using Google Chrome, and I don't know how to check its Javascript settings; though I also tried looking at the YW page through Firefox and IE (With Javascript turned on), and it didn't work in either of them... I wonder what's up with that...
        Last edited by kk; July 4, 2009, 02:35:37 AM.
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

JavaScript seems to be a necessity, but Java is optional (or not required at all). I use the Firefox NoScript plugin, and have an "always allow" setting for www.youngwizards.com. There are two other sites (google-analytics.com and static.woopra.com) this forum seems to try scripting from, but it seems to be usable without them.
          -- Rick.

Comment

google chrome

I've been using google chrome with windows xp as well and I seem to have no problems. Did you disallow java when you loaded Chrome onto your machine?

Comment

Nope, I don't think so... this is the only time this has ever happened, and I've been using Google Chrome for a while, now.

Anyways, I don't even know how to disallow Java...
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

My computer doesn't always show the latest posts... I'm not sure if i is the same thing, because all I have to do is refresh it. But before you worry about Java, try to refresh it. The first refresh doesn't always work - try to refresh it twice, if it keeps up.
                "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Hey, it all works all of a sudden! I have no idea what happened, but I just signed on today, and all of the recent posts are showing up again!

Thanks everyone for you help and suggestions!
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                  X