Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good one. Whatever stresses you out least.

Aw, poor you. Hope you feel more alive soon!
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Ok, I just posted something in the Pendragon thread that might be closer to a policy.

0) Default state is spoilers must be whited out. If you don't want that then:

1) If you're starting a thread, and you want to allow spoilers, then put (Spoilers) in the thread title. No whiteouts then required

2) If the discussion in a thread which has previously been spoiler-free is trending towards spoilerific goodness, then send a PM to the thread originator to ask them to add (Spoiler) to the title if it isn't there. If they agree, all well and good, no whiteout required from then on.

3) If the thread originator disagrees, then start a spoiler thread (appropriately titled).

Does that seem like a workable policy for everybody?
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Sure does. You think of everything, kli .

Speaking of, we'll have to start one for HP and the Deathly Hallows once that comes out.
        I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

Just thinking about Kathy's post in the Admin Appreciation Month thread.. what about adding on to the
          Q: What's this karma? How do I get more?

Karma points are assigned automatically by the number of posts you write (roughly 1 point per post), but karma points can also be edited by the admins, if they see you do something they like a lot, or something they abhor (like, say, posting a ton of one-liners to boost karma count. That gets your count zeroed, and you have to start over again).

Karma points affect the title under your name. If you select Go -> My Space -> Karma, you'll see the levels at which different titles are assigned.
          Why does my Karma not agree with my post count?

Karma shows a running tally of all of the posts that you have made. It can be higher for one of two reasons:

1. That you have done something really awesome, and the mods have rewarded you by giving you extra Karma.

2. That for some reason, posts that you have made have been deleted. (The more likely of the two)

Comment

Hmm... I think point 1 has been covered in the first paragraph already. But it's a good idea to add point 2. What about:

"Your karma points and post count may not agree because of board purges when messages are deleted and sent to the archive."

And Alla gets 10 karma points.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Another suggestion:

Q. Where can I find out more about the Young Wizards Universe?

There are several places that you could try. One is in the relevant forums here, as much discussion has taken place about many things to do with the books within them. Another is over at www.youngwizards.com, which is the main site covering the series. If you are after more specific information on one particular topic, however, try the Errantry Concordance, which is a Wikipedia-like style encyclopedia containing information on selected Young Wizards Universe topics.

Anyone want to add anything to that?

Comment

I just noticed that Garrett has added a "How do you get the ó in 'Dai stihó' question to the bottom of the Board FAQ. The following are the instructions for doing that on a Mac.

1. Press option + e, then release (will produce ´)
                2. Type o (will produce ó)

Comment

Thanks, alla, I just added that and credited you. 'Preciate it! :-)
                  "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Dang. I just realized I've been using the wrong accent most of this time: (stihò, not stihó). I've been getting lazy, I guess. And here I was, so proud of thinking I knew it was a grave accent

Comment

Ok, guys, a little survey. I noticed some shoutbox discussion about it being hard to track which topics you've read already or not, and I was thinking of adding to the FAQ about using a RSS feed for the board. Not sure, however, if anybody would find this helpful or not, or how many of you use/know about RSS.

BTW, here's the link I use to see what's recently been posted:

http://youngwizards.net/eve/forums/a.../feedType/rss2

If I use it in Safari (on a mac), I get a count of how many new posts there are I haven't read yet in my menu/toolbar, and when I click on the link, I get links to all the new postings and who posted them and when.

Is this something I should add? Or is it useless info? How do you use RSS feeds?

Comment

Working...
                      X