This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new.

Hello, My name is Charlynn, I've read all the books, probably twice so far. I'm absolutely new to posting on any site, but this may be a good place to start, no? A warning: I'm absoultely insane, although it may not seem that way at first.

I am on the swim team, play the oboe, and I am training to become the costume designer at my school, but I aspire to be a piolet.

Welcome to the boards, Char. I'm sure you'll fit in fine around here. Its one of the best places to learn how a message board works, as we're a small group of intelligent (well, usually), people. <STRIKE>Most</STRIKE> All of us are insane (especially Sharklord, if you ever run into him ).

I am Alla, the resident Australian poster here. I've been around for about a year (most people if they start posting usually stay around here for a long time).

Don't forget to visit the TOGR at some stage, and don't be afraid to actually say something in chat We don't bite

"Piolet", do you mean pilot? Cos thats cool. What sort of planes do you want to fly?

Alla

Comment

Dai stihó! Welcome to the boards at YW.net, you'll find that it's largely populated by nerds, geeks, bookworms, and other forms of alien life, and, just about everyone here claims to be insane, so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine .
      ---------------------------
      "The law of entropy is just a complicated way of explaining why some things don't happen very often."
      -Norman Christ, Professor of Physics, Columbia University (Does the Lone One know this? :P)

Comment

What you ought to know is that Sharklord is in denial; he still refuses to admit he's insane (but we know the truth). Oh, and anything he says about Skitty being my name or that I like being called Skitty (or some variation such as Skittens) is a LIE. And if you follow his advice, you may be brutally murdered w/ your remains scattered all over the forums.

Just a warning. XD

Peek at the ToGR - that's where a lot of the members hang out at. You could try to read all of it if you want to, but... well, if you had any sanity to begin with, you'd be stripped of it.

Y'know what, I'm gonna make a music poll. XD
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Dai Char! I'm Seabiscuit, but everyone here calls me Hungry, so you might as well too. We are insane. For some example of why, look at people's signatures. Not mine though, because I don't have a signature. Isn't that weird? I've been here 3 months and still haven't bothered to make a signature...I should go do that...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Yes, I do mean pilot. I'm not sure what sorts of planes I'd like to fly. Any kind probably. You guys are all really nice, thanks for responding. As soon as I get my new computer I'll try chatting with you, this poor little guy has spasms at the thought of it.

If this place is occupied with nerds, geeks, bookworms, AND alien life, then I'm in in paradise, because I qualify for all of them. (and of course evil genius too)

Comment

I'm new and im a total book woorm with horribel spelling. Im totali insain. My name is Rosario "small town.I write poetry.Love magic. Do i haf to look out for Sharklord or what? Iv never posted anything never bin in a chat room till to day it was cool. I love to talk. I like to say random facts(to prove im insane). Dai Stiho cusens
              The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
              DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

Welcome to the Boards, Small Town . You don't have to look out for Sharky prescisly. He's pretty cool.

So you have a 'spelling problem' (kudos if you get the reference . Thats fine, we can help you if you want. There have been people in the past who started out with bad spelling and we've helped.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Alla

Comment

I'm not a perfect speller either, and if I typed something that doesn't look right, and I don't know what does, I type it into http://www.dictionary.com. And sometimes I walk out of dictionary.com knowing how the spell the word from then on. More often than not, it's not true, but maybe it'll help. *shrugs* XD

I don't really mind about spelling problems; people get better very gradually.

But I think you've met Gigo already...
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

*grins* Meh, Gryph.

Hi, small town. Seen you in chat....*mutters a few words*

Welcome to the forums! I WOULD say that if you don't make an attempt to spell properly after a few days I will come after you....but after seeing you in chat: *shudders* Even I don't think so.

Hi, Char! We're all insane, some just more than others. Sharky is one of the few who are BORDERLINE insane, which makes him doubly more insane than the rest of us.

Don't be afraid to post, visit the TOGR once in a while, and check out the chat.

Comment

Dai'stiho
                      Im new here but i know illbe hanging around for a while
                      Well Dai
                      ~*~Neets~*~

Comment

Dai'stihó Kym_neets! Welcome to the boards. I another Neets to get confused with .

Hungry: The newbies might have to do with W@W coming out *counting down the days until her copy gets in*. In the past, the influxes usually occur with the US school holidays.

As for spelling and grammar - if you're not good at them and tell us, we won't bite heads off. One-liners annoy more people, but if you read the FAQs everything is explained in there, by one of our wonderful mods, kli6

*huggles*

Alla

In relation to the post below me - to avoid a one liner:

*huggles* everyone's allowed to get grumpy once in a while. Hope you feel better soon! *more huggles*

Comment

Note to everyone: Seabiscuit has deleted the post talked about in Alla's post, because Alla sums it up better than she could, and because she seems to have the flu and feels like yelling at everyone right now...so. I've edited myself, so no one has too...By the way, Alla sums up what I wanted to say, but nicer.

Dai again newbies. I'm not normally this grumpy. Or sick. *goes to find the Gatorade* We're all a little crazy...I really do feel sick guys...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Dai Newbies! how are you I am Monkey (as it says next to the post) and i have no prob with spelling errors but i do have a problem with people who do one-liners....if I find out I will bite off your head in chat so PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!!!!!!! do not do them!Well, I have no idea as to what to say other than PLEASE come to the chat room we do not bite....hard....Just kidding we do not bite at all....you might see me hit Peter Murray a couple of times but...We do it cause we are "friends"....I promise that until I know you i will not hurt you at all...Dai Stiho and hope to see you in the chat rooms!

Comment

Wow... I have wandered into the forums, and know many of you from chatting already. Just wondering, but who IS Sharky? I have gathered that he is in denial (and not the river), but not if I should cower at the mention of him...

Comment

Working...
                              X