This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to read a julian date?

I was reading up on the julian date system but couldnt figure out how the heck to read it or construct one. If anyone has any information about such information then can you please post it? thanks in advance.

~Kynian

I don't know how to work out dates in either direction, but this webpage does. You just type in either the Julian date or the more usual ones, and convert.

Note that it will calculate the answer assuming the UT zone, which is equivalent to GMT. If you're converting it to Nita and Kit's local time in NY, you'll have to subtract five hours, or four if the date would have Daylight Saving.

Similarly, in Big Meow, if you're working it out for Los Angeles, you'll have to subtract eight hours, or seven if Daylight Saving applies. (Did it apply in 1946?)
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

And Kynian, kindly resize your avatar; read the FAQ about it here.
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

im still trying to find that out myself(the julian date, not the avatar) but if you google it, some sites with formulas come up.
        *~*~*I just love rubber duckies, don't you?*~*~*

Comment

Similarly, in Big Meow, if you're working it out for Los Angeles, you'll have to subtract eight hours, or seven if Daylight Saving applies. (Did it apply in 1946?)
          Yes, it was in effect. Daylight Savings was first brought about in the US during WWI as a way to save energy and expand war production. It was repealed after the war, but it returned (year round for a while!) just 40 days after Pearl Harbor was bombed (Dec. 7, 1941).

Beginning in 2007, DST will last for 4 more weeks (three in the spring, one in the fall). Some states don't observe it (famously Indiana), so always check references to make sure you're applying the right corrections.
          -----
          Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
          "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

Working...
          X