This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi im new!

Cool site! I have loved all the books for years now! I'm still sort of lost on were to go in this site(when em i nere not lost) but its fun to just look aroung.ok im off to go feed stupidhead (the fish) and paint the house. wow dose that tack a lot of time! see ya -Hag
    "...I'm a tourist attraction." - The lone one

Cool site! I have loved all the books for years now! I'm still sort of lost on were to go in this site(when em i nere not lost) but its fun to just look aroung.ok im off to go feed stupidhead (the fish) and paint the house. wow dose that tack a lot of time! see ya -Hag

Comment

oby the waay what ever happend to the old front cover art i use ta love? mind you the cover art now isn't bad or anything...i like it. i do.

Comment

Welcome, hag! (hmmm that sounds kinda insulting )

Check out the Newbie Zone topics for information as to who (or what) the other members are. And the rules and that. We tend to try to aviod short posts and double posts, such as what you have done, as DD Herself pays for the forums, and more posts = more $s . There is an edit button that you can use ~ the little eraser symbol at the bottom of your posts.

The cover art has just changed over time - as it does with most other books. Which one did you like initially? I mean the old ones?

Alla

Comment

I'm pretty new here too, so I have some good newbie advice:

1. Everyone's insane.
          2. If you value your sanity, stay away.
          3. The TOGR is a good place to go. Just don't try to read all of it. (As Wildflower has done and I am attempting to do.)

Welcome!
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Heyy! Welcome! *bounces around insanely* If you're not crazy yet, you will be. *insane laughter in the background* Come to the Topic of Great Randomness, if you haven't already. It's the best place to meet the members and just ramble on like I seem to be doing right now...
            <3
            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

sorry about that. i think it was by Trina something. I just don't have the books with me right now... there somewere in the 100,000,000 trash bags i have all over the house. I'v just moved and don't have anything sorted out yet. i so need to clean up. every every day i step on something sharp. ooooo

Comment

Nah, its ok. Newbies are allowed to make mistakes ... YW.com has a cover guide sorta thing... Or you could describe it. I'm sure someone around here would recognise it. No matter how old it is.

Comment

hag, are you thinking Trina Schart Hyman? I love her stuff (her Peter Pan illos are the best, after the Rackhams), but I don't think she ever did a cover for YW.

Ohman. Just goggled, and found out she died in November. (sigh). That's my third one, then. (illustrators lost recently: Will Eisner, Kelly Freas, Trina Schart Hyman).

If you're thinking of this cover, it's by David Weisner, (it's the SYWTBAW first) but it's the only YW cover he ever did. He's pretty dang successful illustrating his own writing, these days.
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

o i just hate it when that happens. most of my fav illustrators tend to go when I'v just got a fell for the art. one of my fav illustrators is Katherine covill (she dose children books). I'll have to look into the names you have listed. thanks....o and its nice to meet all of you!

Comment

Hey! I'm new here too and I finally got this thing to work (thank god). Stupid question, but do we ever get to chat with DD herself?
                      About the old cover- I actually like the new ones with the real pictures better! It would be cool to have a copy of the first original book cover though.

Comment

hi MeG823! wellcome. i think there is a live chat comeing up soon. going to a live chat with dd would be so much fun, but i still can't get into the chat. i hate it! ah well.

hi kli6 . now that i have the books with me it says David Bowers. you almost had it right. i looked into some of the illustrators you had listed and Will Eisner dose some sweet drawing.

Comment

Hi, MeG823! Glad to see you found the chat information area, which hopefully answered your question about getting to chat with Herself.

I like the new covers, too. I'm always a sucker for a matching set. One of the hazards of having a collector's mindset.

hag, yeah, Eisner was pretty amazing. And I know what you mean about illustrators. It happens like that for me with authors, sometimes, too. (sigh).
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

hi i am a n00b and i like it anyone can PM me i want to be friends and i loooooooove the books

-Dai'stiho cousins

Comment

Welcome Kiria!

follow the link in the above signature to learn more about posting and the little ins and outs of the boards that we all like to follow.

hehe... we usually don't use the Private messaging on the boards - I think... and 'PM' is actually one of our moderators.

Welcome again!

Alla

Comment

Working...
                              X