This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• er, hello...

i'm izzybeth (izzy works too) and quite new here. picked up my three-in-one edition (SYWTBAW, DW, HW) last week (read it for the first time about twelve years ago), tore through it in two seconds, and was reminded of how fantastic the YW universe is. unfortunately, i haven't been able to find the subsequent books ANYWHERE, which is incredibly frustrating. google searches and such have utterly spoiled me though (which is ok), and i swear as soon as i find the other books, they will be mine, oh yes.

otherwise, i'm 23, i live in Denver but grew up in Wisconsin and i'm moving back at the end of the year, i love U2 and R.E.M. and Star Wars and Joss Whedon and the Simpsons and the Beatles and English Breakfast tea with milk, and i have two roommates and a cat, and i WILL read the Topic Of Great Randomness. that's about it, really.

Welcome Izzy! I am Alla, the token Aussie on the boards ... well there are a couple of others, namely my friend lion_ess (who I dragged along here), but none of the others come here nearly as often as me .

Have you been talking to WF? The TOGR is a monster with a mind of its own... Good luck with reading all... 446 pages of it. By the time you finish it will probably be up to around the 450 mark... thats a scary thought...

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy yourself here!

Alla

Comment

The entire ToGR? Good luck to you.

Anyways, hello to you also! I'm the resident Angel here. The horns are there to hold up my halo, don'tcha know. Welcome to the lovely world of insanity. If you aren't already crazy, you will be soon, ne'er fear.

Everyone here is very friendly and helpful, though rather insane. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because I have very little sanity left myself.

Well, have a nice time here at the forums!
      <3
      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

thanks for the welcome! and yeah, the entire TOGR, start to finish. it's really very entertaining. half the time i'm not sure what everyone's on about, but hey.

Comment

*grin* welcome! Good luck reading togr, too. Heh, every newbie who joins and reads it is crazier: it was at least a hundred, hundred and fifty pages shorter when I first read it.

I'm wildflower or wf, among other things. ^^'

*yawn* um... yep, we're all perfectly crazy, and we get random a lot too... I should probably wait a while to post this so you can have a coherent welcome. Five thirty in the morning is too late to stay awake in a chatroom. *so dead*

Oh- and if you could capitalize a little, y'know, that's always a good thing. But we're not gonna attack you or anything, so no worries.

I hope this doesn't show up eight times in a row or anything. --' The little internet icon just blinked. *poke*

Comment

Dai, welcome to the boards...we're all pretty friendly, aren't we guys? *pokes everyone* Say yes hungry, we are all friendly. *says* Very good. Anyway, I'm seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry. Don't ask why I'm called hungry, as I'm kind of getting tired of explaining...but I could explain, but who really cares why I'm called hungry?

U2 and R.E.M. Yeah! I grew up listening to them all the time. Sorry, had to, I don't know, say that? I'm in a weird mood right now, I'm not normally this attitudish.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Dai,hope you have fun here!!! Yes we all have lost our sanity, but oh well! Beware of Gryph when it comes to short posts and capitals!! I'm ezra, WRR, wizzy, bob, wizards, or whatever you feel like calling me at the time. And no matter how hard you try-you wont be able to help going insane!
              Dai stiho cousins
              ~~~Ezra

Comment

Welcome to the community! I hope you meet lots of good people, but remember to read all the rules. And make sure to be happy, that's the most important thing.
                ---
                How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

Comment

Dai, welcome on YW forums!
                  People are very friendly here, feel free to chat and discuss here. I'm the nordic wizard here, I live in finland. Come to chat and tak anytime, but remember that usually I'm in chime (chat) when no-one else is there. That's because time here is very different, when It's 7.00 there, it's 15.00 here. Or, 3 pm in that your weird am-pm-system that I can't understand. ^^

Oh yes, and I like Star Wars, YW, Beatles and Simpsons too. And other similar thing with you is that I've read only the three first YW-books. That's because the guy who translates YWs from english to finnish, is slooow.

Well, this post went quite off topic, but, feel welcome and come to chime and ToGR and meet people and chat! Heippa, mooro, hei hei, moi moi, hyvästi, näkemiin, kuulemiin, nähdään taas, ja niin edelleen!
                  [hr]The Finnish Wizard, suomalainen velho

Comment

Hi,
                    like you I read this books when I was 10ish and then re-found them when i was 21 and never knew that there was more than two!! So I bought them all and have been on this site since! BUT recently I've got back from Uni and so have not had the internet access I had there so I've hardly been posting but once I'm back at Uni I can come on when ever I want and hopefully my posting will rise. Hope some people still remember me on this site!! Anyway stick around cause the first year being on this site is a wild ride and I recomend it!
                    See you around
                    Foxy

oh yeah and I'm 23 this year too. Bye
                    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Working...
                    X