dai'stiho cousins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dai'stiho cousins

dai... i'm new here, i would have joined earlier, but i only just found the courage to do away with my much loved hotmail account. i've been reading the books over and over and over and over and... well i'm sure you get the idea, for the past six years.
    so, yeah... i dunno if this was the right place to post this, please tell me if it wasn't, it's just it didn't want to fit anywhere else.

Alla

Hey, Alla! I'm Gryphon. You posted in Miscellaneous Issues... *shrugs* I suppose that's okay, but a better place would probably be Chatter 2. If you want to learn about the members and this site, go to Newbie Ultima, which I think is somewhere in the newbie help topic... Newbie Ultima is where we *tried* to summarize and explain all of the rules, injokes, and everything else. The best place to get to know members and to talk is the ToGR or Topic of Great Randomness. It's huge, impossibly huge, so don't bother reading it. Just start on the last page and post whatever (absolutely anything - a random topic needs random members, and we have a lot of those).

Lesse if I can summarize anything here...

People will mention a certain 'Poot'. Well, he's the forum demon who makes everyone post oneliners and short posts. Those are bad; they drive up Diane Duane's (DD) bandwidth costs without accomplishing anything.

Oh, Chat Parties! I just remembered. The next one is Saturday at 4:00 EDT this week. All of them are on the same date, same time every week unless we change the time. There's more info in the Chat Party topic. You can also chat with DD about every month whenever she finds time to schedule one. Lately she's been too busy, but I'm hoping there'll be one soon.

And here's something else: VGDawn! (heh, you know I'd get here sometime...) VGDawn is an awesome roleplay for people who like fantasy or science fiction books. If you've never roleplayed before, it's really easy. I'm the head admin, and I'm not strict, so no worries about getting deleted. I've never deleted anyone, 'cept for a few members who have never logged on.

Ranks. You'll start out as a New Member, then after 10 posts, you'll be a Member. After a 1,000 posts (that's a huge number), you'll be a Senior Member. Then there's a Very Senior Member, a Possibly Posts too Much, and a It's all her fault - She started it, which belongs to DD. Only M has the Possibly Posts too Much rank. How many posts does that need? 5,000? 10,000? I'm 100 posts away from Senior member. I've been here since December. I joined October, I think, but I didn't start posting until later. Woah, that means I've been here for a year next month... O.o Sometimes you'll see posts dissapear from the number listed by each of your posts. That means a topic with some of your posts was deleted. The karma points are what count, though. Karma points are the total number of posts, including the deleted ones. You can see your karma by clicking something and something else... Umm... I forget how, exactly.

What else... hmmm. I've talked enough already. I'll let someone else finish.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

See my post in the togr welcoming Alla.. I guess I could do it here too. Man, these Newbie's are getting smarter. If I would have done this, opened up a thred, I would have probably been noticed earlyer.. hmm. Oh, smthn else I forgot to mention in the togr, I AM THE ONLY SANE PERSON HERE!! Someone has to be. *shrugs* Well, welcome Alla! I hope you enjoy it here! Call me Nita.

Yes, JOIN VGDAWN!! It's the best! It's http://vgdawn.avidgamers.com If you join, trust me, you will love it.
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      **Neets**
      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Nitafan is very... erm... different, as I just found out yesterday. She has a problem; that being... she's sane.

*mournful silence*

*snort*

Well, Alla, after being here for a while, you start to realize that everyone here isn't sane. And after being here longer, you start to realize you're not sane either. Unless you're like the poor, unfortunate Nita, here.

Hehe.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

after being here a while gryph? i already know that i'm insane... i'm an aussie, what d'you expect? lol. nah

abouth the whole vgdawn thingy... i might join in a week or so after i have got exams out of the way and then have nothing for about three weeks! yay!

anyways it seems like it'll be fun getting to know you guys... i have to get ready for a fencing comp now so i won't be around for a bit... thanks for being so helpful

Alla

Comment

Hey, if you go and check out the "Newbie FAQ" forum, there's heaps of info up there too- lots of stuff about avies and things which is always helpful.

Welcome aboard, we always need more southern folks. That's hemisphere.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Excelllenttt. A new possible canidate for VGDawn. Join. Join me. Join me in Crystal City. (I'm Dwin there.) Make alliances with the McGrays (my family of wizards) and--possibly--with the (cringe) Graysons (Nita's spinoff version of my inescapeably cool family.) Sure, the Graysons aren't as cool as the McGrays, but they want friends. *Sharky starts to duck the smack he's got coming to him from Nita, then remembers she's two timezones away.*

But seriously. Join. Fight evil. Join the bad guys, and we WILL take you down. You wouldn't want that.

I am, in fact, sane. I just hide it sometimes.

Enjoy the forums,this is a great site.

P.S.: Don't let Gryphon talk you into believing I'm powerplaying. Now Eowen/nita, almost (snicker) has as much power as me. Almost.
              ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
              +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Hey hey now Sharkman! I could smack you if I want to, even if I am 2 timezones away! *smacks Sharklord, hard, on the back of the head* Take that you Mcgraylovingfool. The Grayson's could beat the McGrays any day!! My family is alot cooler than the McGrays! *cough?* Even though they are going to get married.. Another point entirly though! They are not married yet so they can still be rivals!

We will take you down if you go evil. I am commander so I will make sure to get you first.

See! There is ppl who are sane with me!

I so DO NOT power play. If we wouldent had told Dwin to stop he would have taken over everything, even the evil ppl!

*snicker*
                **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Now see Here!

Not evil people. They'll stab you in the back. I'd probably force them to live as outcasts across the ocean...

Oh really. You smacked me? Wow I must have been so preocuppied that I didn't even feel it...

I was sane, but Eowen might have changed that...

Dwin and Eowen are soon going to marry (but probably only during or after the war)!! Now if I were a powerplayer, then I would lean on Eowen to do what Dwin wants. Eowen's the realpowerplayer here. Arrest her.

Muahahahahhahahha.

You may go.
                  ~Sharky

Comment

*snicker* I think you deserve that smack, sharkman. *grin* I'm not sane... I do not power play. I have never been accused of it. My characters are perfectly normal, although Mist can have issues at times.
                    <3
                    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Sharklord:
                      P.S.: Don't let Gryphon talk you into believing I'm powerplaying. Now Eowen/nita, almost (snicker) has as much power as me. Almost.
                      I won't start...

Yeah... we were talking about cross species marriages in the chat yesterday. Like with your elf/human thing. Then we have human/unicorn and elf/whatever Maddock is (Navea has hinted that he's not quite human).

Dwin, not even your powerplaying could master our dark lord's powerplaying.

Oh, and just like I said in the chat yesterday, Gryphon is going to stay single. So no worries there.

Comment

I think I'm gonna work on more topics with my character Kei instead of Zaria, she's more mysterious...right now in Crystal City with Dwin.
                        Zaria seemed more popular in whiteforest than VGDawn.
                        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

rofl! I like driving ppl insane!

I smacked you, yes, but not that hard. *smacks Sharky harder this time*

Oh, I just bet Dwin is going to make Eowen do all the work for him after they get married. Pretty soon she will be peeling the grapes for him to eat!

Thankyou Angel_Star! He does deserve it!

Yes, we were talking about that vross species thing. I think it's fine in this case cause they are both mages, even though she is a elf..

Ewww! I just thought of smthn! Eowen is now going to be Eowen McGray!! Not Eowen Grayson! Wow!
                          **Neets**

Comment

You need to work on your smacking arm...
                            Still havent felt anything.
                            At all.

Yes, it's true that Eowen will be Eowen McGray, but that's not that big a deal--Eowen should be happy to be in such a more prestigious family. (I can definately see getting smacked for that comment.) (Not that it matters, the first two smacks are still waiting to be cleared by airport officials to take their trans-national flight to Reagan, or BWI, or Dulles. I have friends in high places.)

I'm sure that Diego can out powerplay me, because I DONT POWERPLAY!!! I keep my characters at reasonable power. They have to obey rules. They aren't superpeople. I can't take over Salcur...(yet)

(ignore that last statement in parenteses)

And even though Eowen is an Elf, Elves are made up in the same way's as humans. Unicorns, on the other hand... (Especially Unicorns who try to impale Dwin before he can use any defensive magic coughcoughunitroncoughcough.)

I do not deserve it!! *Diverts Nita's smack to Angel_Star.*

McGrays forever! I DO NOT POWERPLAY!!! Remember that.

Oh, and Eowen, why don't you swing by the kitchen and pick up somemore Papa John's. Half the pizza got eaten by visitors... Dwin's still hungry, especially after the battle.

Well come on, chop chop.

(snicker)
                            ~Sharky

Comment

Good luck getting me to get some! I might get it but i doubt you are getting any! Even when Eowen does become Dwin's wife she is not going to be your servent! She will be a tiny bit nicer, though. I might decide to not smack you anymore. I think I had better move on to smthn more drastic.. *tackles Sharkman* Try and get out of that one! Oh, and *slap misses angel_star* You just wait till they get married.. Oh, and I think it will be alot easier on them being married. Its hard to imagine a human with a unicorn..
                              **Neets**

Comment

Working...
                              X