Darryl's Refigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darryl's Refigerator

Dai Stiho! guys, I'm a newbie to the Forum.
    Been a huge fan of the Young Wizards series forever and thought this was realy cool.

My thought was to keep a thread kind of like the Refigerator Door on Erranty Wiki that way there's a place just to plant all the concepts and words that people stumble across that aren't in the normal dictionary. (and hopefully DD takes a look now and then just incase I'm doing something stupid and to help with compiling all the articles for the manual/dictionary that the Erranty Wiki is supposedly put together for that purpose).

So let's just call it Darryl's Refigerator and leave it open to place any concepts/words/or otherwise in this space for future references.
    Best of Wishes!

Ok, so I've got a pile of words/concepts/things/and otherwise I've been meaning to post. They all come from A Wizard's Dilema.
    Here goes...

Aelysis
    Isodimensional and Exodimensional
    Continuous Creation {I think that concept is explained, but maybe I got lost and confused, oh well...}
    Unsequential Time {also got confusing, I understand it for Nita's solution, but not when talking with Chao}
    Anentropia
    Mesolittoral
    Bioelectricity
    Exocontinual
    Para-physics and geometries
    Khiliocosms
    Isoparthenogenetic
    The Speech's Temporal Syntax (from AWOM)

Comment

It seems to me as though Darryl in particular has a tendency to go on for a few lines at a time with a lot of "technical jargon" (or whatever you want to call it) such as you posted here. It IS amusing when, for example, Nita or Dairine is attempting to explain to their father what has been happening and all of it's just in one ear and out the other with Mr. Callahan.
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

You know, I never really thought of Darryl that way. Now that you mention it, yeah I guess I kind of am like him that way!

Ok, so I just finished reading for the first time the Book of Night With the Moon (the Feline Wizards novel) and I found some words from there that go on Darryl's Refigerator here. [I'm sorry I didn't add page numbers last time, but I'll try to work on that for the rest of the Refigerator lists.]

Subjunctive restring p26
        Metaextension p51
        Exocausal p57
        Hyperextend p96
        Infracausal p321

Comment

Ok, I'm back again. This time with some more words from To Visit the Queen, the second book in the feline wizard series.

thaith p.19 (I believe it's from the Ailurin language, but it's not in the dictionary/glossary that is in the back of the book)
          contemporal existence p.104
          sideslip and tesseral p.89
          hyperextensor braid p.89
          the conservation of History p. 165
          microfelid p.170 (so felid means of the cat family, so does that make it a super small cat?)
          Ohpidian Word p.247 (I'm going to guess it's a bit like the Equestrian Word, since Ophidian relates to reptile/snake)
          the Law of Isometric Origin p.268 (on ErrantyWiki's page about famous Earth wizards - did A. R. Davidson invent this during his ordeal?)
          Estivations p.245
          the weird symbol/philosphy/science explanation p.137
          competing alternate histories/realities concept p.139 and p.156
          Last edited by Darryl's Manual; October 11, 2013, 01:11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X