This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Party

Instead of randomly popping in and out of the chat and dodging each other, we've come up with the idea of scheduling chat party times. This way, members can chat with each other more frequently.

So the next chat with be at Saturday, August 14 at 4:00, EDT. That'll be the default chat time, and it'll be weekly. We'll change the time/date every once in a while so the minority can come to, but the default is the best for the majority.

It would help if someone could list the time for different time zones.

Have fun!

This was already discussed in the Topic of Great Randomness, but it would be better to create a topic of its own. Any post in the TOGR gets swamped in moments.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Edited to keep just one updated list:
    For the moment, with Daylight Saving Time:

BST 21:00 or 9pm Britain and Ireland
    GMT 20:00 or 8pm also known as UTC

Puerto Rico 16:00 or 4pm
    EDT 16:00 or 4pm (yeah, you said that one)
    CDT 15:00 3pm
    MDT 14:00 2pm
    PDT 13:00 1pm

Hawaii 10:00 10am (I'm told)

New Zealand - 8am on Sunday - Tui said so.
    Eastern Australia - 6am Sunday - from Alla's comments.
    South Korea - 5am Sunday? - Tui's estimate.

Hopefully any other time zones can be worked out from the GMT or UTC.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Well, no one needs to post there time zones anymore....Thankyou Pops! Why don't you just put the link to the site here? The time zone one so ppl who are not sure which is there can see?
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      **Neets**
      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Maybe we should have one on Friday everyonce in a while because Tui will not be able to show up on Saturday!!!!
        penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Chat party! That sounds fun. I'm not going to be home this weekend, though. Maybe next time...
          Heh, some of us will just be waking up, some of us about to go to bed, and everyone else somewhere in the middle. I always forget about the time zones.
          Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Well, for people in the US, this webpage will tell them their timezone. If you're not in the US, you'll need some other way to find out.

And if we didn't make it clear, this is not the next DD online chat, just people wanting to chat to each other.

Comment

I'm eight hours behind this forum's time, from what I can see. If the party's scheduled at four, I'll be up at midnight with everybody else asleep and/or yelling at me to go to sleep. Heh. I'm not sure what time you're talking about, exactly, though.
              Dai, cousins!

-Raven

Comment

Dairine_SpotLight:
                It's midnight here in England when it's 4pm on the US's east coast. If your time zone is in the other direction, you'd need to chat at 8am on Saturday morning, instead.

Update:
                Or, from another post of yours, if you're 16 hours ahead, that would be 8am on Sunday morning.

Comment

No, Z, don't change them for me- I'm even less likely to be able to get on if you have them on fridays, because that makes Saturday mornings for me, and I have orchestra then. Saturday is good. I was just whinging about the time, which could after all be much worse...

ETA: Also, PM, I just checked and it's eight am for me, not seven. The World Clock is a great site for timezones and time calculations, if you're still confused/not on PM's list.

Oh, apparently it's 5 am in Seoul- that's SK, right?
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Ok, I've added those two changes to the list - it seems like a good idea to correct the list so that it's "definitive" rather than updated further down.

5am? Not the most practical of times to chat, unless you're as daft as I am.

Comment

Five A.M? Okay, even I'm not that crazy. And school starts in two weeks. Man, that's too bad..
                      Dai, cousins!

-Raven

Comment

*cries* I can't come! *sniffle* I'm going on a stupid trip with my mom till wednesday... Think of me while you're chatting! *huggles*
                        *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

Any chance of scheduling another soon? I just found out about them, so I didn't have a chance to go to it.
                          The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                          I promise not to funfun anymore
                          Be happy cause life is good

Comment

They basically happen every Saturday, so there's always another one about to happen.

But can Gryphon actually manage next Saturday's one, since this was her idea ?

Comment

Even I forgot to come to the last chat party.

Does anyone know when DD is gonna have another chat? I haven't ever actually been to one and I was hoping that would be something I would get to do.
                              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                              I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Working...
                              X