This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another clueslessly confused

Hello everyone I just joined this forum yesterday *points at home page* and I'm somewhat disoriented about some things regarding the site and general DD-related business XD I was hoping someone would kindly fill in a confused newbie? ^^;;

o1. I'm a litting twitchy about my avatar =X;; Is it the right size? And is off-site image linking allowed right now..? *FALLS* I apologize if I've violated rules already, please let me know if I have so it can be corrected ^^v

o2. Er.. this is an ODD question.. but I was wondering about the numerous Asian reference I've seen around the DD community and books and I was wondering if there's a specific reason for it..? .__.; *digs a hole and buries self*

o3. Is Diane Duane's weblog "Out of Ambit" off limits to public commenting? .__.; Because when I checked there, it seems that only a few people that seem to be personally close to her commenting, and I was wondering if it's some kind of privacy-rule ^--^;;

o4. Is there.. any way to change my display name? *TRIPS* When I was registering, I thought Display Name meant the name that'll appear on my profile, so I put down "Stacy" @___@ I didn't know it was going to be my name on the board [I thought "Phalken" would show up next to my posts] :X

-shrivels away-

Sorry for the bother *is stupid* ^---^ And while I'm at it..

HI My name is Stacy and I've been reading the YW series for several years. Nice to meet you all and hope I'll get to know many of you in the future ^^

<3

[edited to remove the smiley code from the forum listing for the thread. --kli]
    ----------
    //Stressed is desserts spelt backwards.\\

Avi luff to Veron0611 @ LJ <3

Heyyy, Stacy. I'm Gryph, one of the oldbies.

Emm... lesse (other people'll have to fill in what I miss, 'cuz y'know I'm bound to miss something)... we have several forums for a lot of differnent things. At the bottom of the main forum page, there's be one called "Chatter II" and "Topic of Great Randomness." They're nescessities, especially the later, because eventually we'll drift off topic. The rules are pretty loose, but, all the same, try to follow them. Now one liners or short posts because DD pays for them.

Chat, Chime, Cedric, they're all the same. Lately a lot of people have been coming in so that it reaches 10 almost every weekday. About every month, DD'll join in to chat with the fans. They'll be scheduled, and the last one was yesterday, I think (I missed it). Also, she'll post in the forums occaisonally and on her blog (there's a link at the top of some of the pages).

That's some of it. XD Now for your questions...

1) I *think* it's the right size. The max is 100 by 100 pixels, but I can't eye it and tell you how wide it is. You can link from other places, but DD'd rather you didn't; instead, you can send it to Lee, and she'll upload it for you. I guess that's optional.

2) I think we have a few Asian members (or at least Asian/Canadian or Asian/American), but I think it's mostly from all of the manga and anime influences.

3) Nope; anyone can post, but I guess not a lot of people do.

4) Same story when I joined... only I was "skitty." XD Whenever you see some Skitty jokes, that'll save an explanation. Just e-mail Lee, and she'll fix it. Or you could post something about that in one of the help topics or something. Lee is the admin. I don't know her e-mail address offhand, but it's posted in a lot of places.

No problem. We're all really nice. The best place to get to know people is by posting in Togr (Topic of Great Randomness or ToGR) or by visiting Chat.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

The avatar is exactly 100x100, so that's fine.

Heh, Gryphon just commented on one of yesterday's Out of Ambit items . I comment sometimes, so do others here -- Fox and Bluesalamanders come to mind straight away.

Gryphon meant to say no one liners or short posts because DD pays for them.

Lee's email address is admin@youngwizards.net

And the really clueless people don't know enough to ask questions, so you're not clueless.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Thank you both very much for clearing it up ^^;

I'll e-mail Lee soon to see what I can do about my sn XD Isn't"skitty"somekindofturkey? =X;; One of my friend's screenname spaced in the wrong place and she ended up with "skitty" ;D Now she's "Turkey unnie" XD

Thank you again! ^^

-goes to stalk the forum threads* :3
        ----------
        //Stressed is desserts spelt backwards.\\

Avi luff to Veron0611 @ LJ <3

Comment

Working...
        X