X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAAAAAGH! I missed chat!!!!!

AAAAAAARGH!!!

Guys...I missed the chat.

I am SO sorry. I was writing, and at the same time I got distracted by some other online business that was going on...and when I looked up, it was ten o'clock.

That was a MAJOR brain failure on my part, and I am so sorry.

What shall we do about rescheduling? Same time tomorrow evening?

Suggestions welcome. (Besides "get a new brain.")
    -- DD

You remind me of a William Finn musical, for some reason...

Damn. I lost the "another badger" bet. :-) No worries, and honestly, as a fan, I'm pretty much evenly torn between chatting with you, and having you Write More Stuff.

I'm ok with tomorrow.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Tomorrow is fine for me, as well :P
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

I was finishing book five when I noticed the time. I hope I can be on tomorrow. And you listen to anime soundtracks ... how cool.

Comment

Um, since when is writing supposed to be something you're apologizing for? :-)

I was just worried there was a problem with one of teh kittehs -- as Macinpuppy passes 14.5, that sort of thing is much on my mind.
          "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

No worries, DD. We understand and are amused Hey, writing is definitely a worthy reason of memory lapse, and tomorrow is just fine with me!
            "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
            Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Well, I'm relieved. So 3 PM EDT we'll call it, then.

...There are now three different alarm widgets on my desktop. I may add a couple more over the course of the day if I see some that I like. (wry look)
              -- DD

Comment

Alarm widgets? I use a couple of those, what ones do you have?

I have one that barks at me when it's time for the pack to go outside.

Comment

Yeah, writing is definitely a good excuse to not be in chat. DD, I like it when you write, because very good things happen when you write, like books for example!
                  ---------------------------
                  I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

I missed this chat as well, which is a shame since I've just joined the forums. But I have an excuse - I was in New York attending the New Yorker festival with my aunt and uncle. It was WAY cool.

Another cool thing is that Garrett Fitzgerald provides those handy transcripts, so I can see what people were saying. 8)
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________
                    "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

drat, drat, drat. i can never seem to make the chats and i've been on this site since, like, a year ago. sorry, didn't mean to go all crazy on you guys there but im just so dissapointed. i keep trying to make one of them.
                      -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                      Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                      http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

so you like the Lost Years of Merlin too? I loved that siries, by the way do you have to pay extra to be on the chat? I am new by the way DD, just like to say your books ROCK!!! and how did you get the idea to write them??
                        If you don't mind saying, will Nita and Kit ever kiss? if you can't answer i'll understand!! love your books!!!! can't wait for the next one!!!!
                        Kardia

Comment

Originally posted by Clara:
                          by the way do you have to pay extra to be on the chat?

No; it's disabled. People were abusing it, so now it's only open on the rare occasion that Garrett (or Kathy, but she hasn't done it yet) has the time to open it and supervise the conversation. When they do open it, however, any registered user can get in to it for nothing. See We're going to close down chat for the details as to why the chat was closed in the first place.
                          "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

the lost years of merlin does rule...though i recommend talking about it in books instead. *wonders when i started this whole "directing people to post somewhere else so admins don't have to yell at us" thing* Maybe admin appreciation month. :P

and i think they usualy post when chat will be open...not sure.
                            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Thanks for the info! But on the topic of books,has anyone here read the Artemis Fowl series? They rock! And if you want something to read while waiting for a Wizard of Mars, its a great time passer. I mean who wouldn't want to read a book about a boy genius who is way too stuck up and discovers the fairy world beneath us. And who ends up getting his share of Karma thrown at him!
                              Just look into it okay!

Hey, I was just wondering, would any of you like to be my buddies? Please!!!
                              Especially Young Reader! Anyways respond if you want to ! Just add me if you want to be my buddy and email it to me kay!! Make sure to write that you are from the young wizards chat in the title! My email is posted down by my signature, I think, otherwise it is mykardia1@gmail.com.
                              Oh and isn't ironic that DD is at the highest place when she has only posted 116 messages! But she did write 8 books, so I guess that counts as probably 1,000,000 posts or more right?
                              it would be so cool to be her!!!!
                              Kardia

Comment

Working...
                              X