and we're only several miles from the sun..."

What causes a thread to be archived?
    I'm crying cuz things aren't how
    they used to be
    she said,
    "The battle's almost won

Comment

I think it just happens automatically when no one's posted to it for a certain length of time.

Comment

oh, I thought it was because Lee or Diane thought it was inappropriate, which didn't really make sense when I read some of them...thank you for explaining that to me.
        I'm crying cuz things aren't how
        they used to be
        she said,
        "The battle's almost won

Comment

yeah i as wondering about that too
          Dai stiho cousins
          ~~~Ezra

Comment

thanks, but what do you do if you want to post on a topic that is archived????!!
            Dai stiho cousins
            ~~~Ezra

Comment

The archiving is to offload things from the message database. When the database grows too large, the board gets unstable, and everything can go kerflooey very fast. Archiving older non-live threads keeps them available for reading, but also helps keep the board stable.

If you want to revive an archived thread, I'd suggest starting a new one, and quoting the specific message that you're responding to. Also, naming the thread similiarly to the old one, might be good. ("i.e., if Movies became archived, you could start up a Movies II .. or Return of Movies or Son of or Bride of.... etc. )
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

thanks!!! thats happened to me before because lots of the topics are archived
                Dai stiho cousins
                ~~~Ezra

Comment

You're welcome!

Yeah, it's always fun to hit a new board and go through the old threads, and reviving the really interesting ones. We've had too much ToGR and not enough other stuff lately...
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

WRR, it's not that hard. Watch your caps [or lack of...]. We've been warning you about that, one liners, and double posts, and you're still doing it. Please.

The Topic of Great Randomness was starting to bother me. Really, I can't complain, just, it's DD who's paying for this forum, and she's paying for it to be a YW.net forum. It's great to have a place to chat and all, but that's not the purpose. Me? And I'm the worst of them! I shy away from some of the older, larger, and, more importantly, on-topic topics. I try to post more in on-topics, but really, the resurfacing topics are Chatter topics, not YW.

Viable solution?

Well, seeing as the next book won't come out for a while and not everyone has read the most recent [book], we'll have to think of something new.

Meh.

What a load of nothingness. Maybe it's meant to be thought on? Who knows my goals when I write? I only know a few and sometimes none at all.

Actually, WRR, the topic you were commenting on _wasn't_ archived. GRRR
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                    X