New Millennium Editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Millennium Editions

The New Millennium Edition of So You Want To Be A Wizard is finally here!

http://ebooksdirect.dianeduane.com/products/so-you-want-to-be-a-wizard-new-millennium-edition

Here's what Diane Duane says about the book:

The first Young Wizards novel, So You Want to Be a Wizard,To say that I felt their pain would be an understatement. While SYWTBAW suffers from this problem, other installments in the series suffer from it far more severely (High Wizardry not rewrites. However, they do involve:
    The third aspect is going to be most noticeable in So You Want to Be a WizardThe fourth aspect, timeline repair and rationalization, will start becoming more obvious when Deep Wizardry and the books that follow come out later in the year. Because of the instability involved in the series starting at one publisher (Dell), being thrown overboard when the company was restructured, and then finding its way to a new home (Harcourt, now Houghton Mifflin Harcourt), the uncertainty involved with not being sure when or where the next book was coming out often resulted in editorial (not to mention auctiorial) uncertainty about how to handle character ages and the dating of events. The new editions, therefore, are starting with the events of being placed in 2008. The events in books that follow will be adjusted to fit as necessary, and new books in the series will follow the new timeline.the versions of the Young Wizards books presently in press at HMH wll remain there for the foreseeable future. Now, as to formats: On its release on August 7th, the book will be available in ebook format onlythe Ebooks Direct store while we sort out issues with new distributors. (The page for the New Millennium releases is hereYoung Wizards website.) As usual for us, these editions will be DRM-free and available in all the major formats.
    And some smilies to convey my feelings:
    All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Originally posted by 96bookworms View Post
    The New Millennium Edition of So You Want To Be A Wizard is finally here!

http://ebooksdirect.dianeduane.com/products/so-you-want-to-be-a-wizard-new-millennium-edition
    I've just finished reading the new edition, and then doing a textual comparison with the original. There are a couple of changes I'm concerned about, in that I think they introduce problems that aren't addressed in the book.

Is this the place to discuss this, or is there a better thread?

Comment

Originally posted by pdurrant View Post
      Is this the place to discuss this, or is there a better thread?
      I think I'd start a thread either in "YW Series Overview" or in the section for the book concerned.
      -- Rick.

Comment

Working...
      X