YW Anime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW Anime?

Honestly, I'd rather YW become an amime more than anything else if it goes cross-media. Animation is much more flexible and an anime allows for both series and OVA add-ons and such.

I know this is a short post, but my English skills are slightly ******** today...
    My life has dilapidated into a pile of detritus.
    My goal is like a speeding train that never will alight us
    Confusion in the atmosphere, PV=nRT.
    A suicidal fridge must be stocked with iced tea.
    The orangutan; he laughs at me trapped inside the ca

Hmm. Like the idea. I think. It's a strange sort of idea though. Kinda like Animatrix. Only this would be better because there aren't any images already associated with Young Wizards yet. Other than the covers and things.
    http://superdrea.net/

Comment

To answer the question used as a title in this topic:

Nope, doubt it.
      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Oh, you never know. Diana Wynne Jones's Howl's Moving Castle is nearing completion at Studio Ghibli. The problem is that it's going to be far less Jones's Howl, and much more Miyazaki's. I expect it to bear more resemblance to Spirited Away than it will to Jones's book.

I'm sure I could enjoy YW anime, but having it done as anime would almost ensure that it would be drastically changed in adaptation. Most anime I've seen is original, or manga-based. The one series I saw based roughly on an English book is Sherlock Hound, which, despite all the furry anthropomorphism, manages to keep roughly 60% of the stories, but then adds the extra weird Miyazaki touch. They're fun. But they're not Conan Doyle.

I think I'd still prefer a live-action FX film, ala Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events, as long as DD is involved (Daniel Handler is actually involved in SoUE, hence my happiness), because if I went to see a YW movie, it would prefer a YW movie, not an anime in roughly the same shape. OTOH, Miyazaki....
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

\Maria-sama ga Miteru a.k.a. Marimite was based on a novel. They are making a TaTu anime based on the group.

By this I mean that there are anime/manga versions of many things.

On a side note, I heard David Handler wrote the script for the movie, which means at least that'll be good.

Comment

Wait...they're making Howl's Moving Castle into an anime? I've got to see this...
            As for a YW anime...
            Urm...interesting...but no...if anything, HP should have been anime and YW should be live action...
            A physics geek
            And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Meh... semi sees both good things and bad to this one.

Bad first: aside from what's already been mentioned, I get the idea Kit would wind up bishified, and, while I love Kit, he's DEFINATELY not bishounen material. I mean, I'd always imagined Kit more like whatsisname, the priest guy with a Xelloss/Sailorsaturn cut from Lodoss, but no one does anime male leads like that. Side charas, yes, male leads, no.

On the other hand, doing an anime gives you less time restraints, and therefore less cutting... I mean, okay, SYW could work as a single feature, but most of the other ones are too long/take place over far too extended a period. A movie adaption of a novel often makes everything happen to fast; I mean, just look at what happened to Harry Potter. You have to have read the novels to understand the movies, and not everyone's read YW, sadly.

So... yeah. That's my two cents XD.

Comment

FireWitch: The site you want is nausicaa.net. It's the fan site for Miyazaki/Ghibli fans. They recently put up a a poster image for How's Moving Castle.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I think it would be SO much better if it was an Anime. Of course, I'm an anime addict, and think anything would be better if it was anime, but I really think so with this idea. I think that if you really look at it, it would be a lot different than a movie, because they can just do so much more with animation. I say if they were to do it, that the people who did Fruits Basket should help, because I think that would be a good way to do it.
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                  People around the world are like ongiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back... they might not be able to see their umeboshi. Maybe that's the reaso

Comment

I never cared much for anime...But then I saw Spirited Away! Wow... I havn't been able to find the original story for Howl's Moving Castle though. But then again I'm still stuck trying to find A Wizard's Holiday. Taking YW to animation would be interesting. A Wizard's Anime would be interesting to watch.

Comment

Anime? I can see it both ways... Generally I infinitely prefer live action to animated, even anime. It seems more real.. more like real people, and to me Nita and Kit really need that real vibe. But- the big risk with live action is visualisation. Sometimes live action casting is so wrong... but it can also go very right. So, in Harry Potter, you have what I thought was good visual casting for Harry and Ron, but poor for Remus. And Hermione wasn't all that crash hot, though I'm used to her now.

So... jury's out. I can see it making a really great manga, though...
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

For anime, it would be more stylistically consistent, I think, but that's not really what the books go for. I feel that live action would be the way to go, though no doubt everyone would be upset about the casting, they would be more REAL, which is sorta what the books are about.

Comment

I don't think Kit would end up bishified, he's more like the spiky haired hero type. Ronan would end up bishied beyond all belief.

Comment

Working...
                          X