Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the movie will be like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think the movie will be like?

I heard D.D is writing a script for a movie based on "So you want to be a wizard". How do you think the movie will go, what actors do you think will be in it, and do you think it will be awesome like i do?
    Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama, fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama llama duck!

It's going to be awesome of course!

Comment

I think the movie will be absolutely amazing!! As for actors, well I think DD can make the perfect choices for that. The music choices for the movie will be amazing, and the effects will probably be as good as Harry Potter
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Now, I think that the effects could be as good as starwars! Anything is possible! Although 8 movies is quite alot; i wonder how they'd get enough money to make them all.
        It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
        That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

They might squash a few books into one, or *gasp!* skip over books to get to the climax of the series faster. Who knows... I almost think they should make the books into something other than a movie; or at least longer, so they get it right, and not leave out all the important stuff, like in some movies I know of.
          "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

I'm excited of course, but aprehensive. The book is so complex, I'm not sure how much would make it into the movie. If they stick to DD's script I'm sure it'll be fine, but what if they change it a lot? And books adapted into movis often turn out badly. On another note, most movies have some sort of romance, and there's none in SYWTBAW. I can just see them trying to make romance between Nita and Kit, and doing it ALL wrong. Well, all we can do is hope it's good.
            -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
            -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
            -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

I just don't know what to think about a movie. I kinda want to see it but I will most likely not go see it because of the characters and places won't be like I imagined. Silverclaw--they probably will try to do something like that, hint at is excessively (sp?) to try and get audiences to come back for the next movie.

There is already a thread started similar to this here.
              Last edited by wizardsrreal; April 16, 2009, 05:46:03 PM.
              Dai stiho cousins
              ~~~Ezra

Comment

I've moved this thread into the Playroom sub-forum for discussion of a YW movie. We've actually got about a dozen threads on this same subject.

As long as DD's writing the screenplay, I don't think we have to worry about what changes are going to be made. DD can make the right ones. It's her baby after all. And the stuff she was adding in the excerpt she posted on her blog were a hoot and a half.

You may also want to read this post and and this blog entry. Maybe also the FAQs.
                Last edited by Kathy Li; April 16, 2009, 10:33:38 PM.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                X