Interview podcast with Diane and others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview podcast with Diane and others

VoiceAmerica interviews Diane and Peter, as well as Kate DiCamillo (Because of Winn-Dixie, The Tale of Desperaux) and others at http://www.voiceamerica.com/voiceame...aspx?aid=43280.
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

DD and PM's section was recorded at the NA Discworld Convention, and starts about 32 minutes into the podcast.

See also the episode's page on the programme's own website: http://www.theauthorhour.com/episode/10/
    Last edited by Lazy Leopard; December 18, 2009, 01:30:36 PM. Reason: add website
    -- Rick.

Comment

The full list of interviews is pretty fun-filled, too. For those who want to subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, the link is here.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Title Slip?

About half way through the Bonus Questions (it doesn't tell you the exact time), specifically during the snippets left out of the interview, DD says something interesting:

Matthew Peterson: Now, A Wizard of Mars is coming out -
        DD: Yeah
        Matthew Peterson: - are there going to be more?
        DD: Yeah, this series is open ended, I have no intention of stopping till I'm bored of writing them and I can't think when that will be.
        Peter Morwood: We just signed a new contract -
        DD: We just signed a new contract for the next one [which] will be called "Games(?) Wizards Play"

I can't quite understand the first word; it sounds like games, which makes sense if the title is Games Wizards Play...at first I thought it was a play on the phrase 'child's play', since DD tends to do that. Whatever it is, it fits with the tradition so far of the word Wizard being in every title. Plus, we haven't heard of her writing any other books that might warrent the word wizard in their name.

So, is this an exciting slip of the title for the 10th book, or...what?

Comment

Wow, really? I have to listen to that again!

It doesn't sound quite like the previous titles, does it? Sounds like a computer game. Wow, wouldn't THAT be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Elita Justice View Post
            DD: We just signed a new contract for the next one [which] will be called "Games(?) Wizards Play"
            I just listened to it a couple of times, and I agree with you -- definitely "Games Wizards Play". For some reason, this calls to mind the scene in the last episode of Buffy where Andrew, Giles, and a couple of the Potentials are passing the time by playing D&D -- until Trogdor shows up and burninates them. :-)
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

So, Garrett, should we edit the title of the "Book 10" thread?
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I know these aren't podcasts, but I was wandering youtube and came across the following interview videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ldNc...eature=related - Diane Duane and Peter Moorwood at the 2009 Discworld Convention (This is part one, parts two, three, four and five are found under the links)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V94ud1XCcEs - Diane Duane and Scott Shaw at Anthrocon 2006

Comment

Working...
                X