How Lovely Are Thy Branches? eBook [spoilers allowed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Lovely Are Thy Branches? eBook [spoilers allowed]

[KL: thread title was "DD's hinting at (okay, basically telling us about) another YW short story!", but I changed it so we can discuss the eBook here.]

Here: Our last and deepest discount flash sale of 2014... - Diane Duane

She also posted (a while back) something that said "Watch this space for changes!" or something along those lines, but DD seems to have removed it... Hmm.

Anyway. Just wanted to spread the happiness!

Edit: It came out!!! 8D Well, at least the cover... I couldn't find where to actually make the purchase on the website, though. Here's the Tumblr post! http://dduane.tumblr.com/post/105472...-of-2014#notes
    Last edited by Kathy Li; December 25, 2014, 08:30:45 PM.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate...
    Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
    I write for the same reason I breathe; if I didn't I would die.

Wow, new stuff! I'm glad I happened to log in and see this.

Comment

It came out yay

Here's the Ebooks Direct link: How Lovely Are Thy Branches: A Young Wizards Christmas – Ebooks Direct at DianeDuane.com
      Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate...
      Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
      I write for the same reason I breathe; if I didn't I would die.

Comment

You guys want me to retitle the thread to "How Lovely Are Thy Branches?"
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

It would be nice to have a place to discuss the book.

Comment

Cool. I've retitled the thread so you can talk about the eBook itself, as well as its release here. Have at it!
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Thanks!

I really enjoyed this little novella. It was nice to get new content, of course, but to me this helps set the roadmap for the future pretty well.

Spoiler tags are on for this post, so be warned.

It took me a little while to get used to it at first, but I now quite enjoy how things have broadened out from WAW on. Seven books of Kit and Nita mostly on their own was fine, but it is nice to have more of a 'gang' at times. I actually quite like Carmela now, she's coming into a character in her own right and not just an occasional bit of, well, comic relief.

I really hope something happens that requires her and Nita to turn up as representatives of the governing board of Earth, there's just way too much potential for literary gold there.

It looks like a trip to 16 Aurigae is in order as well.

Overall, this piece seems like it would have been a fair amount of fun to write. I don't know if an annual holiday special is needed, and obviously no one wants a delay in GWP, but I wouldn't be against more novellas in the future.

EDIT: I liked that Nita only cares for baseball, I'm the same way.
              Last edited by The White Falcon; December 25, 2014, 09:28:38 PM.

Comment

broadening out...

I always thought that the broadening out started in High Wizardry with a lot of Dairine's perspective. I too am enjoying the idea that you have a sort of wizardly group of friends and colleagues (and colleagues who are good friends) - that don't just get together for "work" but for fun too!

I'd like to see a bit more interaction between the worldgating feline team on earth and the crossings - I imagine there is potential for Sker and Rhiow & co. to collaborate on cutting edge worldgating improvements or projects...

Comment

Working...
                X