New art from Ye Olde Fanartist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New art from Ye Olde Fanartist!

Hey everyone! It's been a while, I know, but I come bringing good tidings-- new YW art, and more to come!

I'll just get right to the links...

nita and kit nostalgia

dairine and roshaun's holiday card

ETA: And there's more!

nita and kit's holiday card!

...and I have at least one other piece of an older Nita and Dairine on my desk, so watch this space! Hope you all enjoy

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Very nice, although the Dairine/Roshaun one is sort of interesting. I do get the clothing significance though. Roshaun is wearing gold-ish. That is Wellakh's life color, and Dairine is wearing green, Earth's life color. Plus, they are the colors they wore in the "meet the parents" scene.

Go dairine and Roshaun!
    "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Haha, "interesting"? I'll take that as a compliment I guess

Yep, that's the color thing!

D/R is just made of win. I need to re-read W@W...

Comment

Well, what I meant by interesting is that I'd never thought about if 1983 was the present to them and then they'd grown up to now. It's an interesting concept. Although, I always thought that Dairine would go to Wellakh instead of the other way around, 'cause Wellakh is awesome! Of course Roshaun might want to come here to get away from the crowds of subjects staring at him. SPOILER: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">anyway, the Sunstone switched, so I guess they would have to stay</span>
        "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

I hadn't thought of that...I kind of assumed that they'd live some sort of double life, setting up an elected government in Wellakh and then just checking in every once in a while. I feel like Dairine would want to raise kids on Earth, and Ro would be up for that as long as they spent time on Wellakh as well.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good idea! Another could be that they set up a system with the few non-royal wizards they had and form a government type thing. Then Dairine and Roshaun would go to earth and raise their kids, if they had any, and return to Wellakh when the kids are old enough. The good part about marrying the king: you'd get mansions for the whole family! <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Of course, this is all based on the fact that Dairine will find Ro.</span> I hope that she does... And we're talking like they will actually get married, but how many people marry their first boyfriends?

Comment

Haha, not me...but I honestly think wizards are different. It seems that when a romantic relationship intersects with a wizard partnership things would tend to be much more lasting than normal relationships, especially young ones, since a) wizards seem to be more mature than ordinary kids their age and b) wizard partners can literally read each other's minds, so they would get to know each other much more rapidly and thus be able to really consider romantic relationships with more clarity than most people.

Comment

Hmm... Those are good points, but remember: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">first she has to find him. If he's alive, that is...</span> Then they would have to develope their relationship, because for all we know, he may have to go back to Wellakh, never to return... Another problem is the fact that the world gate things that Ro got for his holiday won't last forever. That will make possible gating harder by A LOT, maybe impossible.

Hey look! you put up more! Nita and kit look great! I wish I could get my fan art put up somewhere, because I've got a pretty good picture of Roshaun, but I don't have a scanner... *sighs*

Comment

Awesome! I really dig your style, it's so unique. ^_^ Nita has "Mom" hair, hee!

It's so weird to think of Dairine being older than me; she'd be 30 now (if I remember correctly she was born in '78). She'll always be a bratty little 11-year-old to me! :P
                  Nanu nanu.

Comment

Waaaiiiit... How could Dairine be born in 1978? then she would only be 5 in SYWTBAW, and 6 in WAW. I think it would be 1973, making her 10 in SYWTBAW, and 11 in WAW.
                    Right?

Comment

There you hit the core problem with trying to produce a timeline for the stories which ties in with the real-world events they mention...

The truth is the characters are always the age they are in the stories, whether you read the stories now or twenty years hence. It doesn't really make sense to think "Woah! she'd be, like, 50 or someting now!"
                      -- Rick.

Comment

Working...
                      X