SYWTBAW Fanart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYWTBAW Fanart

I feel a little bad starting yet another thread here in the fanart forum, but I have yet another picture I want to share.
    Felt pen on A4 cardboard:

In A Library

I had not yet seen any fanart that is specifically from the beginning of the series, so I thought I had better get about making some. Rather an important moment in the series, don't you think?

Oh, and if you click on the image, you can see a larger version.

it's great! and i don't remember anything else from the beginning of the book either. of course, i could just have missed something, but still.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Thank you. You will not believe how much time I spent drawing all those books. Far more time than I spent drawing Nita herself (which is why she doesn't look all that good).

Everyone naturally tends to base fanart on the most recent book they have read, which in most cases is the most recently published book. But when SYWTBAW came out, there was no internet for people to post their fanart on. I'm sure that is the reason why there is such a dearth of early-storyline art.

Comment

Very nice. Your skill with the traditional media is impressive, though you could probably spend some time practicing facial features at different angles and in different expressions to make your feel for them more natural. I find that just drawing a lot until you can produce eyes or mouths that you feel look good without much effort really helps to make your characters look how you want them.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

it is a great peice of artwork. you should do more. the fingers were really neat, very percise.
          -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
          Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
          http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

Kaila: I cheated. I took a photo of my own hand and then looked at that while I drew. Actually I'm terrible at drawing hands.

Alida: You are so right. I think her face lets the whole piece down, and I'm kind of beating myself up about it. The mouth is in utterly the wrong place. Time to download some portrait stock photos and practice faces . . .
            Oh, and whatever happened to the YWfanartistsUnite club at DA? Any chance of it coming alive again in time for AWoM? There's bound to be a lot of new fanart made around that time.

Comment

and nita doesn't look too bad. way better then i can do...i've got disgraphia, so i don't draw as well as i might, and am only good at all at dragon art... *looks forward to seeing more art*
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I really like that! I love to draw, but I am not very good *cries* and I thought that was great. Your lines are really clean I liked it a lot.
                sehlinger
                -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

I like! I used to draw with a similar style, now I use two styles (anime/manga and a sort of realism).

I'm working on some fanart... it'll take a while to fully color it in (my friend drew it, she wanted me to color it in my program, and I've only gotten the faces and hair done!)
                  There is no light without its shadow

Comment

Space Cadet: i have i picture of the library and i was wondering if i could post it here. i really don't want to start yet another thread. so would that be o.k?
                    -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                    Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                    http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

Go ahead. Let's keep bandwidth usage down. I'm not claiming this thread for my artwork, and my artwork only.

Comment

Working...
                      X