Wizardly patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizardly patterns

I'm a Diane Duane reader since way back (1986 :O when I first found a copy of "So You Want To Be A Wizard") and I introduced my daughter to the Young Wizards world years ago -- we are both avid readers of the series. With that as background, I'm also a longtime quilter and I'm making a quilt for my daughter. She's asked if I could incorporate wizardly patterns into the quilting. I am seeking any tips or suggestions as to what patterns to use. I found one posting from Mr. Murray with a couple of symbols; I would like to ask permission to use these and also if anyone has developed their ideas of what characters in the Speech might look like.

She has one possible version of the Wizard's Knot that she found online, it looks a little like an open-ended symbol for infinity. Again, I don't want to use symbols that are copyrighted or use anything without the permission of the artist.

Thanks for any help, links, or suggestions!

Tessa
    CPCU: Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter

The Wizard's Knot symbol I drew was too simple: DD has since written a Concordance entry about the Wizard's Knot, which links to better pictures of it.

You can certainly use mine, I just tried to draw what DD had described in the books.

I did some other symbols for background graphics, which I have around here somewhere, none of which are anything official.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Thank you very much indeed! The Alternating Knot 7 sub4 looks very much like some of the Celtic stonework patterns I've used in previous quilts. And I can draft a pattern for this without any problem.

Your permission to use your background graphics is also greatly appreciated. I understand they're not official (or would that be "knot" official? -- grin) however they will be most useful and help make this quilt something personalised for my wizard-loving daughter. Thank you again for your quick response and your gracious permission.
      CPCU: Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter

Comment

Working...
      X