ohk... my sad attempt at fan art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohk... my sad attempt at fan art

i got bored so i did a quick sketch of Spot ... go here for a look at the sketch.

rearranging an image of my laptop is taking longer than I though, but you can have a look at what I've already done here - I still need to add the legs... any ideas as to what they should look like from this angle or hints as to how to draw them?

Update: go here for another image of my laptop as spot (this time with legs)

i got bored so i did a quick sketch of Spot ... go here for a look at the sketch.

rearranging an image of my laptop is taking longer than I though, but you can have a look at what I've already done here - I still need to add the legs... any ideas as to what they should look like from this angle or hints as to how to draw them?

Update: go here for another image of my laptop as spot (this time with legs)

Comment

Haha! I KNEW that was Spot! I saw it as you're avie just a while ago. Looked good...

Oh, and hi. I can't remember if we've been properly introduced!

Comment

It's so CUTE!! I have many sad attempts at fanart, but even if I did know how to post them I wouldn't. Actually my ones of people are the only ones that are really bad, my one of Sker'ret and the flat-looking one of Liused are okay.
        I have no idea of how to do the angle of the legs on that one, I'm really bad at that. It's really good though!

Oh, it's your avie now! Neat! You killed the tumbleweed though. . .Oh Well!

Rysade, you were here when Alla first was! I think . . .*Goes to re-read TTOGR*

Comment

I thought so, I just couln't be sure. So many Newbies! AAAAHH!

Comment

OOH! Looks really good, Alla! It's just great, not a sad attempt at all!
            ~Rachel

Comment

This was my go at making Spot, complete with his legs, in the 3D program POV-Ray:

I like your Spot so far, anyway. Edits his own one down, as it's not the picture the topic is about.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Wow. Big step up compared to the unicorn...*lol*

Good job!
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

*cough*centauricorn*cough*

And I reckon that that was a very good job considering that it was done in paint and with a mouse ... that spot was done with a tablet

Comment

Hehehe. Loves Alla's Spot to death. "Uh-oh!" Alla isn't that much of a newbie anymore, or at least it feels that way to me.

PM's looks cool. Wow, it looks like Spot is going to crawl around with creepy music following a few inches behind.

Pm's wasn't done with a tablet (i think). It was done with a funny graphics program that uses _math_.
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

And, only three weeks after Gryphon's post, I languorously reply.

Yes, my version of Spot was done with the 3D program POV-Ray. It uses some maths ideas, but the computer deals with them. Here's one of Spot's legs:
                      <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">union{
                      sphere{0,0.175}
                      union{
                      cone{0,0.15,&lt;2.5,0,0&gt;,0.125}
                      sphere{&lt;2.5,0,0&gt;,0.125}
                      union{
                      cone{0,0.125,&lt;2.0,0,0&gt;,0.1}
                      sphere{&lt;2.0,0,0&gt;,0.1}
                      //third joint
                      cone{0,0.1,&lt;1.5,0,0&gt;,0.075 rotate &lt;0,0,-60&gt; translate &lt;2.0,0,0&gt;}
                      rotate &lt;0,0,-55&gt;
                      translate &lt;2.5,0,0&gt;
                      }
                      rotate &lt;0,-10,45&gt;
                      }
                      texture{
                      SpotTx[0]
                      finish{metallic}
                      }
                      }
                      </pre>
                      It's not that scary-looking! (The code, not the scuttling laptop.)

Comment

Not scary-looking? Whatta ya mean, not scary-looking? I'm wetting my pants right now... O.o

...ok, jk about the pants. But still. I didn't understand a single bit of it, except that it keeps talking about cones and spheres... O.o

Comment

I was looking at A Wizard Alone for the timeline, and read a paragraph or two with Spot looking at Nita with his eyes on stalks. So I went back to my Spot model, and added eyes, then re-posed the legs and eyes.

The result is here. The small picture above is of the same version, not the original picture that was there, because... well... I accidentally overwrote the old one. Oops.

Comment

O.O; that's incredible...I tried a fanart of Nita but didn't have the patience...I can draw well, but not on the computer...
                            I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                            they used to be
                            she said,
                            "The battle's almost won
                            and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

Ohk. This is inspired by Kli's commentthat I read before. The Apple in the background is meant to be a kinda holographic projection or something... Some way that Dairine can still 'look' at a 'screen'.

Comment

Working...
                              X