• Show
Clear All

• S'reee, Nita & Kit

water wizard by ~BlueLalaFox on deviantART
    Wizardry and Awesomeness by ~BlueLalaFox on deviantART

what do you think?
    You see something, and you say "Why?"
    But I dream things that never were, and I say "Why not?"

Nice, I like the hidden writing. Actually, it's so good I don't want to criticize. I bow down to you and your masterful use of color. But their eyes ...?

and to save this from being a one-liner, I will post four of the smilies that I do not understand in the hope that someone will explain them to me.

Comment

Aha thanks
      their eyes?? are they the wrong color according to the books?... im afraid i cant remember details like that very well.

and im afraid i've no idea whats up with those icons lol.

Comment

You're welcome,
        Kit's eyes are brown, and I believe Nita's are too. I generally don't remember details either, this is one of the rare exceptions mostly because I am obsessed with drawing the characters (and eternally trying to figure out how to use coloring properly!) And if it isn't a really complicated process... how do you do it? (I mean coloring in the clothing etc.) Whenever I try, it turns out a disaster; lately I've been sticking to black-and-white drawings...

Dai,
        LifeSong

Comment

yeah, i completely understand... im the kind of person who sometimes agonizes over little details like that, too.

as for the coloring... i traditionally draw it, then digitally color it with a bunch of programs. For the clothing and such I use one called Pixia, shading/highlights I use openCanvas, and other fanciful stuff is made with photoshop. what I do is (on pixia) have a separate layer for everything (hair, skin, usualy 2 or 3 for clothing, etc...) so that i can "color outside the lines" and not run into any trouble. pixia has a feature to choose and image to "color" with- i usually use plaid or such, something that can repeat itself without looking strange...

sorry for the long, boring techy stuff. im really glad you like these pieces, though

Comment

Working...
          X