No announcement yet.

Worldgates: how many in Grand Central?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worldgates: how many in Grand Central?

I got SYWTBAW out of the library on tape, and i was listening to it, and Kit, Nita, Tom, and Carl were all talking about the Grand Centrral WORLDGATE- singular, one. and that bugged me a little, b/c even in some of the other YW books, there seem to be more than one. What's up with that? Just marginally confusing, what do you think??????

If one is a TRUE book lover, one cannot have a favorite book...it would be an insult to all the many books that one has read and loved.
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

I got SYWTBAW out of the library on tape, and i was listening to it, and Kit, Nita, Tom, and Carl were all talking about the Grand Centrral WORLDGATE- singular, one. and that bugged me a little, b/c even in some of the other YW books, there seem to be more than one. What's up with that? Just marginally confusing, what do you think??????

If one is a TRUE book lover, one cannot have a favorite book...it would be an insult to all the many books that one has read and loved.
    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin:

They don't mean the One and Only WorldGate for everywhere, they mean the WorldGate that is in Grand Central Station. It's nearby, that's all.

healingline
      healingline

Comment

Comment

yeah, but healingline, they only talked about ONE they never made any hint of mention to there being more that one-i know his b/c i listened to it 5 times, all while building with my legos, which requires great attention, and when i pay great attention to something, i remember the part of whatever i happen to be listeneing to at the moment-great when studying for tests, mind you.

don't ask if you don't want to recieve
          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

No, they're definitely plural. If you can get your hands on "Book of Night With Moon," that's all about the worldgates. of course, in SYwTBAW, that myay not have ben so well thought out, but they might be referring to one of the main worldgates- the one in paticular that's good for that sort of gating, perhaps. But they are definitely plural, both at Grand Central, and also in lots of other places- Penn Stration, Tower Bridge, Tokyo to name but a few.
            Ka kite
            Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
            Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
            Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
            *sob* back to school....*sob*
            My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

i know they are plural, but they aren't referred to as that in SYWTBAW

don't ask if you don't want to recieve
              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Well, you know, when I talk about our local library, I say 'THE library', not 'the (full name of library)'.

They understand which one they're referring to, and don't see the need to elaborate further. Just laziness, that's all.

"...Not old enough to love as yet
                But old enough to die, indeed
                The death-fear bites my throat and heart
                Fanged cousin to the Pale One's breed
                But past the fear lies life for them
                Perhaps for me; and past my dread
                Past loss of Mastery and life
                The Sea shall yet give up Her dead..." /Song of the Twelve, Deep Wizardry./ (c) Diane Duane

Comment

Exactly. Cool sig Jenny!

Live your life as if there's no tomorrow, for all you know there might not be.
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

There is one main far off-world world gate.

Sharky

"Footsteps in the sand, show where you have been, show where you are going, but when they dissapear, never forget the possiblility of flight..."
                    ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Working...
                    X