Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the Manual look like?

What does the manual look like?
    I don't really remember reading what it looks like. As in size and thickness (even though this changes). Is is flimsy like a magazine or tough and thick like a huge dictionary.
    Now I do recall Kit shoving it into his back pocket... does that mean it's small??
    Maybe my memory is just terrible and I need to read the books more often... I dunno.
    Anyone??
    in my field of paper flowers

Nita's manual originally looked like a children's library book, bound in red buckram. It apparently maintained that appearence to the nonwizardly, at least for a while. What they look like now, i.e. during/post AWAl, has not been made clear, IIRC.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

I always pictured as a little black book. But knowing me I'm probably wrong.

*Agent~M*

"Not old enough to love as yet but old enough to die indeed" DW
      "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
      Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
      "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
      I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

who knows? It is just what our minds piture, I've allways thought that they would look a bit more old fashioned, but the color could differ from each person.

I can think of nothing right now
        Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever looked? Will you ever imagine what actually is? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.

Comment

Yeah. I thought it would be kinda torn and old fashioned too.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
          Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
          *Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

It's just a book. Probably one of those old ones, and hardback. No pictures on the front!
            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
            Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
            Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
            Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
            My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
            Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Of course no pictures. That would look HIGHLY unprofessional.

*Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
              "I could live

Comment

mabye not "unproffesional" but with this subject, I think that if it had pictures, even though the book is fictional and all, it would seem a bit TO fictional if that makes any sense.

I can think of nothing right now
                Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever looked? Will you ever imagine what actually is? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.

Comment

I always thought of it as being the size of an A5 diary - but thicker. Not sure why though.........
                  "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

That makes sense.

*Agent~M*

EVERYONE MUST READ CITY OF THE BEASTS!!!!! (I sound crazy but I don't care)
                    *Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

I've always pictured it as a dictionary as well... and hardback. But then how did Kit fit it into his back pocket??
                      in my field of paper flowers

Comment

Well it's wizardry, it could shrink.

*Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

Well maybe they had different looking manuals...after all, the manual for Dairine came in the form of a computer and Ronan memorized his. So maybe Kit's looks kinda like a magazine and Nita's looks kinda like a smallish fattish oldish book.

"From a thick pile of dead leaves beneath a holly tree Hazel looked down a narrow path...the fern moved slightly in the breeze, but along the path there was nothing to be seen except a scatter of last year's fallen acorns under an oak. What was in the bracken? What lay round the further bend? And what would happen to a rabbit who left the shelter of the holly tree and ran down the path?"
                          --Richard Adams, in Watership Down
                          My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

I always thought it would look old-fashioned. Like a burgundy hardback with a gold paint design or inlay on the front and spine.

~Rad

O'Reiley:If the good Lord...
                            Fawlty:Is mentioned once more I will bring you closer to him!
                            -Fawlty Towers, The Builders (not exact quote)

"You were meant to live large
                            C'mon take charge
                            Let's go light the world up
                            Let's not wait until the end
                            To be the things we wished we'd been
                            You were meant to live life
                            C'mon let's fly
                            You're a Super Trouper spotlight
                            We're going to jump on the count of three
                            Here it comes now
                            1 2 3 Jump!"
                            -Superchic[k], Super Trouper

*Dai'Stiho*
                            ~Rachel

Comment

Kit's probably would've looked like an old book though since he found it in an antique store or something. Nita's probably just looks like a second hand library book now that I think of it.

*Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

Working...
                              X