Are there wizards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there wizards?

Is there really wizards in the world. Has anyone actually had a ordeal... i REALLY want to be a wizard if u have.

Well first you have to say the Oath. Then keep your eyes open!

Comment

Folks, please remember to watch the one-liners here. Diane wants everyone to get a lot out of the forums, and really short posts aren't conducive to that goal.
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Wizardry here, on this Mortal Earth

I would say, believe, and then without further prompting but for your own conviction, try to fix the world. I mean, not necessarily all of it, but a good portion of some issue, in your own way. If a higher power in the Everything somewhere is looking for candidates, I'd reckon that'd be a way to get noticed. And even if not, beleif and faith will often have the same effect on you personally. Psychosometric effects and all that. Try starting your own little mini 'fix the world, believe in wizardry/magick, and be a secret organisation' thing. Even if the universe as a whole doesn't take notice, someone, somewhere, probably will. Not to mention y'all will probably end up doing good for the world while you're at it. And isn't that what wizardry is all about?
        On a clear day, you can see forever. ??, blessed be, and fare you all well.
        -Twilight Eve Golden
        Words are my medium/Colors make our soul
        Willing dreams the universe/Which is what makes it whole.

Comment

Does the wizardy displayed in the series exist? No. Do the themes behind it exist? Yes. Does its fictionality make the intentions any less pure or good? No. I'd definitely say there are plenty of metaphorical wizards out there trying to make the world a better place through their choices and actions.

... I feel like Haruhi Suzumiya, though, because while I am firmly rooted in reality, I would love to believe that YW wizardry exists and that I could be a wizard. Too bad I don't have Haruhi's powers to make it so. =[

Comment

Too bad i don't have a big sister who's manuelle i could borrow to take the oath... **sigh**.

My general idea is that anything is possible until proven otherwise. That said, it's probably fairly unlikely. Though i've heard worse!

I mean, i've had a member of this very forum tell me that the world was going to end and that i would save it. Afterwards. ((I suppose that would sort of make me a wizard. :P ))
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

As much as I would LOVE to believe in wizardry and for it to be true, I don't think DD's type of wizardry is true. What I do think it true is technology. A thousand years ago, flying, sending messages accross the globe almost instantaneously, making pictures and making them move was all magic. A thouand years from now, who knows where we'll be? What technology we will have? Whatever it is, I'm certain that if we were to see it now, one word would come to our minds: magic.
              "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

Working...
              X