Timeheart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeheart

Someone mentioned Timeheart in a topic that I skimmed (I'd give you credit, but I forgot the topic/author), and I was wondering how you interpreted the concept. I haven't read the books in a while, but I understood it as something that is not wizardry's equivalent of heaven but something different. It's easy to draw the comparison because it's where people go when their lives end, but... different? I thought of it as not a continuation of your life or even a 'resting place for souls'. The only thing Timeheart is is a place for people to remember their dead loved ones. It holds the memories and the persona, but it's something more for the living than for the dead. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, what do you understand it as?
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Well, I guess I think of Timeheart as a sort of place that exists, but isn't accessible to people all the time (duh...I think that's actually said in the series.) The point of it is to allow someone to see the people they love at certain times in their life. Let's say, for example, I went into Timeheart somehow; I imagine I'd see people like my paternal grandpa, and the mom of one of my friends. However, once I left Timeheart, the sort of...souls?...of grandpa and A's mom would go back to where they went when I wasn't in Timeheart? Does that make any sense? Basically, I guess I'm saying that I agree with Gryph's statement that Timeheart's more a place for living than the dead; I'm just trying to word it so I understna dit better.

Comment

Timeheart is a place where people go when they die- if they have loved/been loved. Sometimes, when someone a wizard was close to passes away, into Timeheart, then they may see them in a dream visit to Timeheart. I don't think that the person has to die though. Like at the end of W@W, Dairine visits Timeheart,, even though Roshaun's place there is empty, meaning that he isn't necessarily dead. I think that the powers that be do it to reward/ send a message to the wizards that is best communicated through visits to Timeheart. I hope I helped a little.
      Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

I don't have my books with me and haven't gotten a chance to reread them in a while so I may not be accurate, but how I view Timeheart is related to a resting place for the soul.

The distinction from Heaven is a good one, but I see that more in terms of focus for the living than for the dead. But once you are dead I view it as somewhere your soul can go to rest- not to continue life, but to remember what there was and to be with the ones you you love who've also died.

However, for those who are alive its there too. It's the place where it is possible to escape the fight against entropy though you can't just go there whenever you want. It's the place you can see those who've passed on. Its somewhere to visit while alive, and rest once you're dead to me.

My view is probably altered and influenced by making it like a Christian heaven, but I do too say it is different.

I should probably reread the books to get a more accurate depiction though.
        We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Doesn't the first of the Feline Wizards novels have most to say about Timeheart? My rather hazy memory has left me with the impression that Timeheart is the core of reality; the one original universe from which all other universes were derived. My memory could well be flakey, though...
          -- Rick.

Comment

Well, yes. I think that it is perfect. The way the Powers would have wanted everywhere to be like. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it, so they created all these other universes... ones such as the one Nita went into in AWA. I don't know about the Feline wizard novels... I've never read them. But I think that it is the idea place in which the Powers would like to be in.
            Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

The other universes are progressively more removed from Timeheart--that was it. The old manhattan(I don't remember what it was called exactly)that they visited was closer to Timeheart than this world.
              "Half of the ehhif on the planet go to bed with empty stomachs: the other half die of eating themselves sick...." -Rhiow,The Book of Night With Moon

Comment

Timeheart seems to be a place where everything kept important or beautiful is preserved the way it SHOULD be. Its kept in a place that restores it to the original good memory that others have of the object or person. Timeheart holds sacred things that were once loved, and keeps them preserved forever.

Also, I think allowing wizards to go see Timeheart once a 'mission' is done is also a bit of a reminder to Wizards. Its a reminder of what they're aiming to preserve, or make better in the real world.
                Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 14, 2009, 04:27:11 PM. Reason: merged
                Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Timeheart, I think, is where everything that a person that remembers and loves is preserved just as it's remembered. That's mostly from the books, but that's how I see it. So, when you go to Timeheart, everything that you remember positively is there, and it's the core reality, so what you remember is actually the 'distorted reflection' of What's in Timeheart.
                  Take care of nature. Let the world stay a beautiful place to live. ~Diana
                  Every moment is a new chance for you to make things better. ~Eirene
                  Enjoy what you have got. You don't need what you have not. ~Filippa

Comment

I think our human interpretation of love and beauty are a bit mangled so everything that has once been cared for or has left a special place in one's heart goes to time heart.

I don't believe that you have to be beautiful or had to have been in love to go to timeheart.
                    like everything who once had a mother for example a mother usualy loves their child, or a friend, father, relative, anything. and even if you had none of those(which would be sad) i still hope you'd go.

Did that make sense at all??? i hope so.
                    It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
                    That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Originally posted by Septimus View Post
                      I think our human interpretation of love and beauty are a bit mangled so everything that has once been cared for or has left a special place in one's heart goes to time heart.

I don't believe that you have to be beautiful or had to have been in love to go to timeheart.
                      like everything who once had a mother for example a mother usualy loves their child, or a friend, father, relative, anything. and even if you had none of those(which would be sad) i still hope you'd go.

Did that make sense at all??? i hope so.
                      It made since to me. You mean that the concept of something having to be 'loved' doesn't apply to everything right? I can see your point

I alos think that maybe things that are generally GOOD, or somehow become virtuous may end up in Timeheart too. Even the bad doesn't stay that way forever. Just look at the Lone Power
                      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X