Kit's Car Antennae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit's Car Antennae

Ya, it's 12:41 am and out of the blue I think to myself "Does kit still have his car antennae?" Because right now I can't remember if something happened to it, and because a) I'm lazy and b) all of my books are in a moving box, I thought I'd ask if any dear soul on the boards knows if kit still has his first wand, if only to put an end to my insanity.
    "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Nope, I don't believe he does. He threw the antenna across a chasm when they were running from the LP at the end of SYWTBAW, and it turned into a giant sword as a bridge. Then, after they ran across it, it shrank back to normal size and fell into the pit, and they were running too fast to try to get it back.

Comment

Aha! I remember that! Thankies, Dee
      "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Both Nita and Kit lost their wands in SYWTBAW: Nita's rowan wand crumbled after it was used to fuel a wizardry, and Kit's car antenna was lost in the subway chasm found in the dark alternate world.

I believe the symmetry was intentional.
        Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
        Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.

Comment

Yes, but Nita was able to make another wand, I believe her rowan wand was mentioned in another book, though I can't remember which one, off the top of my head.

Comment

Nita uses a rowan wand for backup in W@W, but wands are as interchangable as cars or girlfriends in YW, unlike HP.
            Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
            Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Uh, yeah, I guess you could say that, though your analogy weirded me out a little bit. Anyways, I was just rereading WD today and Liused mentions something to the effect of, Do you need anything from me today, and Nita says that she's all set, so I assume that means that she has a new wand and that occasionally she needs to ask Liused for more, when they get burned out.

Comment

I wonder why everyone seems to forget the attena...I'm just thinking that because someone else was asking about that and no seemed to remember what happened to the attena...
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

[spoilers about SYWTBAW]

The antenna was used to form a bridge over the subway chasm Cale mentioned in his post. After Nita and Kit crossed it when it had transformed into a giant sword-bridge, it snapped into its original form, and fell down the chasm. I always wondered why Kit didn't simply grab the antenna when he got to the other side, but perhaps it was out of power. Perhaps Kit didn't have time. And perhaps he just forgot.

Or _maybe_ DD didn't think of that. XD

Maybe Kit could get another...or the Edsel could grow another one. XD

As for the rowan wand, well, all Nita needs to do is ask Liused for one. Mmhm.

Comment

How can a car grow an attena?
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Ask DD, she's the one who said it in the DD chat yesterday.

Bad YR. No one-liners!

Comment

appologizes profusely. Sorry gigo.

*Goes and destroys gigo on destroy gigo topic* you got your title for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                        X