Ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ages

Car doors will soon take over the world! The little blender who could told me so!

I was a newbie for a whole year!!*newbie dances* I will always be a newbie at heart though.

Who said there was exactly two or exactly three years between the sisters? There could be two and a half years between them.

For example, sometimes I am four (rounded up) years older than my sister and sometimes I am only three (rounded down) years older than her because my birthday is in December and hers is in May.

Comment

THAT IS KINDA IMPORTANT, but no ones perfect
      Darth Vader is my idol

Comment

Haha, this is a minor point on ages.

The major is point is how Kit and Nita only age a year between all 8 books.
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

I'm sure DD knows what she is doing. For a start at some points of the year my sister is only a year younger and in other parts im two years older so that solves that problem but to be honest i have never paid much attenetion to their ages but the story. Sometimes when i sit down to read a book i can pick certain things up and find mistakes but I've only once done that in this entire series. You know what you should do is go and look at the masters work, and who is the master you might be asking. Well its PM, he has a web site somewhere and on it he has timelined the entire series! very awasome peice of work must of taken him month of work and reserach!!
          Look for it!
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Originally posted by Sean L.:
            ... The major is point is how Kit and Nita only age a year between all 8 books.
            The exact same way that Superman's been in his 20s for the last 70 years. It's a time-honored tradition of fictional heroes to age differently than the rest of us. Ask a silly question...

BTW, I should probably also point out there's an older "Ages" thread that also discussed this issue.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

this is a minor point on ages
              It's a time-honored tradition of fictional heroes to age differently than the rest of us.
              I don't see why this is a poll but whatever. writers do that because it will keep there characher alive because they can't get the books out fast enough this also happens in movies because usually they can't get the movies in the theather quick enough. but kit and nita's age differnce is not a bad and neher is nita and dairie's is ok.
              my with my brothers is bad 8 or9 @ parts of the year and with the other it's 11 or 12 is the age difference for the other.

Country Music!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean L.:
                ... The major is point is how Kit and Nita only age a year between all 8 books.
                and besides what kli6 said about the differences in age, you have to look at how long each adventures actually taking and how long between adventures. As far as i can see there adventures are usually only a couple of weeks apart, which is probably why they haven't aged much.
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I don't think I need to say anything.

It's a time-honored tradition of fictional heroes to age differently than the rest of us.
                  True dat. -salutes-

Comment

*nods at everybody else*

It's like that with me and my sister, at parts of the year we're different years apart

Anybody know Nita and Dairine's birthdates? That WOULD help, but i don't recall seeing them anywhere

Comment

Working...
                    X