Tom ages 10+ years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom ages 10+ years?

I picked up SYWTBAW today, and having just read the Holiday excerpt (If you missed it, guys, it's UP! Go check it out) I couldn't help but notice an age discrepancy. In SYWTBAW, when we first meet Tom, it describes him as "... this man was young, certainly not more than in his middle thirties." But the excerpt says "... a tall man in his late forties."
    Now, I know there's some time between books, but not THAT much. I don't have all the other books- can anyone tell me what ages Tom (or Carl. I think they're the same age) is in the other books? They get re-described every book, so probably their ages would be mentioned.
    Oh, look, it took me less than a day after reading the excerpt to start nitpicking. Lovely.
    Ka Kite
    Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

This was an error. I've corrected it in the excerpt...I need to go back and check the earlier texts again to make sure. Thanks, guys!

-- DD
    -- DD

Comment

I think you should post the entire book here for us to proof-read....
      "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Ah, but then there'd be no sense of pleasant anticipation, of devouring the book in two hours, of... what am I talking about? I just think it's a pity it'll never happen!
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen

Comment

diane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          -----
          hehehehe sorry bout that, i was on a major sugarhigh at 11 at night

i'm the queen of insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by Kathy Li; November 16, 2010, 03:51:55 PM. Reason: merged double-post

Comment

Further excerpt nitpicking, this stuff on coffee: in Alone, Nita "thinks" about making her dad's coffee, and how he likes it so "it eats the cup." Then, in the excerpt, Tom (says he) prefers Nita's Dad's coffee to Carls because "He seems to think that any coffee that doesn't eat the pot is a waste." Hmmmm.... I don;t know why I'm bothering to Nitpick this, but hey, I felt like it. Coffee! (Mind you, Holiday itslef is now out... *celebrates*)
            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
            Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!

Comment

Well, pots do tend to be built a bit more ruggedly than cups...

Selden
              Selden

Comment

*snickers* The sentiment, however...

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!

Comment

Random Coffee Continuation

Originally posted by Birdhead View Post
                  *snickers* The sentiment, however...
                  Although technically as a Wizard, Tom would mean what he said -taking the figurative language into account, it reads:
                  Mr. Callahan's preferred coffee dissolves porcelain.
                  Carl's preferred coffee dissolves iron/thick pottery pots.
                  So, although it doesn't really matter , Carl's cup is stronger.
                  Last edited by Kathy Li; November 16, 2010, 03:53:44 PM. Reason: fixed img tags for smileys.
                  "People always learning, all through their life. Look at Mama Bird! She push baby bird out of nest, and that's it. If baby bird fly, good for baby! If baby bird fall, and crack head on ground, and get eaten by cat, it need to do better next time."
                  Slan go foihll! Dai, cousins!

Comment

Working...
                  X