time issue in SYWtbaW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time issue in SYWtbaW

I tried looking for this in these forums and haven't found it.

In my version (printed in 2001) Nita and Kit purchase and make their time slide at 10:45am. When they returned at the end, it was 9:45am. I don't know if that was an oops on DD's part or just a misprint in the book.

Bob

I think that was done on purpose, i.e. they accidentally slid too far. Which is why they ended up having to hide from themselves, and Kit had to throw the rock (was it a rock? or one of the batteries?) at the door. If they had slid to 10.45, they wouldn't have nearly clashed with themselves.

Comment

Actually, it's all explained in the book...when they traveled back to 10:45, they had the bright book with them, and "the Book makes everything work too well" or something like that, so consequently, they got back before they had even started!Also, I think it was Nita that threw the battery at the door...

Sorry, trying not to be a know-it-all
      All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Quite alright. I've just moved, and all my books are in boxes. I couldn't look the facts up, and it has been a while since the last time I read SYWTBAW. I really need to do a reread!

The Books influence. Of course. That makes sense. Actually, are there any inconsistencies in SYWTBAW? Things unravel a bit later, but I think the first book is the tightest, really.

Comment

If they had returned at 9:45am, they wouldn't have encountered themselves. They made the timeslide at 10:45am, heard the battery hitting the door, and went to the helipad. Coming back, they re-established the timeslide, heard themselves behind the door, Kit threw the battery at the door, and then cleaned up and hid only to watch themselves walk onto the Helipad.

It couldn't have been both 9:45 and 10:45am.

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X