What race is Nita acually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What race is Nita acually?

The name Nita is definetly hispanic, but in the books she has brown hair and her sister's is red. In one of the older printings, the cover shows her as hispanic, but in the newest printing, she is definetly caucasion. Same goes for Kit.

I think she's white, in the first book, after she meet Kit and went over to his house Kit's relatives keep specking in Spanish to her and she didn't understand them most of the time. She hadn't had time to learn the Speach yet.
    Last edited by rick455; September 4, 2009, 08:37:02 PM. Reason: misspellings

Comment

What race is she?

Human, of course.

*mumbles something best left unintelligible about race/ethnicity and federal healthcare reporting requirements*
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

She's a Human Wizard! As opposed to a feline one, (I love Rhiow) or a Sulamid one, etc.

Comment

Her race is human. Her ethnicity is Irish-American/Scottish-American. (The Irish shouldn't come as a surprise given her last name!)

And you really can't rely on the etymology of someone's first name as any indication of their ethnicity. Otherwise I'd be French, my sisters are Irish and Spanish respectively, my mother English and my father Israeli. And that's not even getting into the anglicisation of last names upon immigration and the like!

Comment

After being Human, it describes both Dairine and their mother as red-heads.

Bob

Comment

As the person who started said that Nita is a hispanic name. I agree but Callahn, her last name isn't.
              I think she might be a mix of hispanic and white, but definitely not scottish or any Ireland people or she would have an acsent like Ronan.
              A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by NitaEmmaYW View Post
                As the person who started said that Nita is a hispanic name. I agree but Callahn, her last name isn't.
                I think she might be a mix of hispanic and white, but definitely not scottish or any Ireland people or she would have an acsent like Ronan.
                An accent comes from what language you grew up speaking, not where your ancestors came from. She has an aunt living in Ireland, so I think she's at least part Irish (this doesn't necessarily follow, I know, but whatever).
                "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." - The Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Yeap, could be said she's definitely part Hispanic, especially since her name is Juanita...which she hates...and she's definitely depicted as Hispanic on some o the covers, yeah. She's mixed though, yeah? Havin an aunt on the island and such. Then again...that aunt may have just moved to the island because it esn't a bad place to live. Yer almost guaranteed solitude.

Comment

It is stated that Harry is related to the first mayor of New York. Thomas Willett was the first mayor from 1665-66. He was British.

While Juanita is Spanish in origin, Dairine is Irish as is Callahan.

Bob

Comment

Just an aside Diane Duane is directly related to the first mayor of New York. Nita is sort of patterned after DD, so yes Nita is probaby at least part white. Since this is America it hardly matters. I myself have a German last name but I am also Irish, French, Hispanic, and Cherokee. If you've been here long enough race is just a state of mind.
                      Last edited by rick455; December 11, 2010, 08:23:59 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                      X