technicality (whale sark)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• technicality (whale sark)

In DW, it mentions Nita pulling Kit out of the whalesark, but this did not happen. Probably a deleted part.

Hi iwantwizpod3, and welcome to the forums.

Are you referring to the part towards the end of the book (when they're going down to sing the Song) where the whalesark takes over? Or is it somewhere else in the story when he has the whalesark on? Have you read two different editions of the story; one that had this in it, and one that didn't? Or did you re-read and gloss over the part?

I'd dig through the book, but my friend has my copy at the moment. Could you quote the part where you're having problems?

Comment

whalesark removal

you asked for a quote of the part, alla, so here it is:

"I got carried away down there," Kit said eventually. "And the whalesark started to go out on me. I would have gone all sperm whale-and then the sark would have blown out all the way-"
      "I noticed," Nita said.
      "And you pulled me out of it. I think I owe you one."

Comment

Ah, its not that she physically pulled him out of the whalesark, its that she pulled him out (figuratively speaking), of the trouble that he was heading towards, had he lost control and "gone all sperm whale".

Comment

thanks

thank you alla
          how do you delete threads?

Comment

We don't - only the mods and admins can do that. Why? What's wrong with this one?

Comment

Working...
            X