X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitpicking (and horses)

Comment

...but she is afraid of them.

I think Nita likes the idea of horses, and thus enjoys reading the books, but is intimidated by the creatures themselves.

It's not necessarily an inconsistency, although it does seem like a weak point in the wider story.

Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
      -- The Book of Forgotten Things
      Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.
      -- The Vorlon Ambassador's Aide
      Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
      Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.

Comment

Trust me, being scared of horses and liking to read horse-related fiction is completely possible. I've been scared to death of horses since the first (and only) time I took a riding lesson alongside my sister the horse maniac, but I still love reading all kinds of horse-related fiction, particularly my sister's old copies of "The Saddle Club". Of course that could just be my love for fiction...

AML,
        A Moonlighting X-Phile
        <If all good things must come to an end - than numbers are not our friend!>
        <WARNING: I cannot be help responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.>
        <'Men will fight bravely and be heroes, but for a last ditch defense against any odds, get a mother.' You should recognize that one!>
        And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
        This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
        This spectre on my back shall soon be free
        The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
        --The Pogues--

Comment

I wuld love it if there were more horses in the books though, youd think Nita would kinda get over it being able to talk to the horses and all.

Comment

I too enjoy horse fiction but am made nervous by the actual creatures...in part because I don't know how to tell how they're feeling, so I can't predict what they will do.

Nita can talk with them, sure, but I doubt she runs into very many at home; in Abroad she is probably encountering them for the first time since she got her wizardry, so the feelings of nervousness are still there.

Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher

Comment

I can't believe Nita would hate horses (althought this is coming from a girl who lives and breathes horses), but it doesn't make sense why she would still be afraid of a horse if she fell off one (I'm not saying it's something wrong with the book, i'm just commenting), because it wasn't the horse's fault, but I ride (and have fallen off a few times) and it can be scary. Anyway, what I was going to say was that
              <UL TYPE=SQUARE> if she loves horse books-in particular-why should she be afraid of them?
              <LI> as somebody said before, now that she can talk to horses, she should get over her fear[/list]and, basically, if I don't like Neets in 1 way, it would be her fear of horses

-lexi-

Guilty until proven innocent

Comment

woops, i sorta messed up my list there

Guilty until proven innocent

Comment

i live and breathe horses 2 (as well as all other animals but esp horses) and I guess i can't really judge Nita too well cuz I really cant identify with her

but, i still think she should get over it!

Comment

Working...
                  X