No announcement yet.

Science error in *Wizard's Holiday*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, well...curiosity often leads to stupidity. in my case, almost always :P. arabic is hard...and i dont have any books to read!!!!!! i have to got o the library here, and soon, or i might need medical help.

-peri

Comment

i had read it after being deprived of a book for an entire week.
      Ah. In which case I completely understand a disproportionate affection for it.

As for the d-word: Ah-ha! I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks back. The crucial phrase was the d's advocate, which I will avoid from now on. :P
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

and who were you calling a de- i mean d's advocate? *runs through list of possible ppl* or maybe it was in a book? and i really am just curious; what made you name yourself birdhead? you seem like an intelligent person....:P but then again, you see lots of creative names online, so its quite normal compared to say, "Bogeyman". don't ask...

-peri

Comment

I was calling myself one, as in, "But to play d's advocate"; I wanted to identify myself as arguing from a position I wasn't personally convicted of. It was in the atheism topic in Chatter, if you're particularly interested.

As for my sn, it's an extremely venerable screenname from my earliest days online; my IRL given name is Tui, which is the name of a bird, and the head bit is a pun on my last name. A very bad pun, in fact. Anyway, I'm still reasonably fond of it, although most people call me Tui around here and you're welcome to do so as well!
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

that's so strange! when i saw you sign off as tui, i immedietley(sp?) thought, "that sounds like a bird-sounding name." and i didn't know it WAS a bird name...:P. dai tui,

-peri

P.S. have any of you pplz noticed my lack of caps? i was just reading a recent topic and the starter mentioned being annoyed he couldn't use caps. i find that so odd...as you can see, i don't really care unless i'm mentioning a book or something...

Comment

Working...
            X