Nita's middle name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nita's middle name

I noticed this a while ago while rereading SYWTBAW and then flipping through DW, and wondered, what IS Nita's middle name? First it starts with a L, then a T. So which letter is it?
    What letter Nita's middle name starts with is not really that important, but since a wizard's name is so critical to a spell I was curious to know the main characters name.
    DD may have answered this somewhere, but if she did, I didn't see it.

That just came up in another topic a few days ago, the one about Nita's phone number.

The answer is L - see this Concordance entry.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

No PM, she meant what Nita's middle name actually was, not just the initial.

I just thought of a great idea! We should each suggest names for her middle name and ask DD to pick one. Wouldn't it be cool if one of us got to pick Nita's name. I think its a good idea.

If other people descide to do this, I suggest Linda.
      "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

DD probably knows. *mischievous* Or if she doesn't, we should ask her in chat on Sunday- Saturday your time of course. Because then she'd have to pick one on the spot.

...probably not, of course. But hey. Worth a try, right? We could try with Kit, too.

Hey, speaking of, kind of. I seem to recall that Dairine's middle name is Elizabeth, but I could just be hallucinating/extrapolating from Betty's name. Or that Harry's middle name is Edward is maybe influencing me? (or, depending on what version of hat book you've got, Nita's Dad has two first names. :P) Either way I have this weird conviction her middle initial, at the very least, is E. Anyone got any confirmation/proof I'm nuts?

ETA: and now I know I'm hallucinating something, I swear there was something on the Concordance with Betty's maiden name in it. *bangs head against wall*
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

It's L. As for what the name is, this gets handled in WAW. Believe me, you won't miss it when it happens.

"...on Saturday..." We *are* talking about Saturday the 2nd, aren't we? Not this weekend coming up, but the next one.
          -- DD

Comment

eep.

(i wish that was all I could say in this post, but then i'd probably have my innards ripped out and tured into shepherd's pie)

just out of curiosity, why do we care what ehr middle name is? I mead it's cool and all to know (hey, i'm excited to know) but...um....why? (can you tell I need sleep?)

vv
            PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

It's L. As for what the name is, this gets handled in WAW. Believe me, you won't miss it when it happens.
              Uh-oh. A mental image of the gravestone from that old, old Star Trek episode insists on coming to mind.
              Tui wondered:
              Either way I have this weird conviction her middle initial, at the very least, is E. Anyone got any confirmation/proof I'm nuts?
              Dairine's entry in the Manual in HW says E. I decline to comment on the nuts part.
              ETA: and now I know I'm hallucinating something, I swear there was something on the Concordance with Betty's maiden name in it. *bangs head against wall*
              Huh? Estimated Time of Arrival?
              Try Uncle Jerry's page.
              Hmmm. Now I'm wondering if Uncle Jerry is named after a former employer...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Murray:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's L. As for what the name is, this gets handled in WAW. Believe me, you won't miss it when it happens.
                Uh-oh. A mental image of the gravestone from that old, old Star Trek episode insists on coming to mind. </div>[quote]

wow, you're right!

and wow, my typing is horrible up there

and eep it's a WAW spoiler

vv
                PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Thanks, Peter, at least now I know that, although I may be nuts, I'm probably not hallucinating anything...

And. Hehe. WAW hints! (And yeah, I've got the date right, although I, er, did think it was this weekend, but I figured it out earlier. Which is good because Easter Sunday would be, like, a bad time for me to get to a computer at eight in the morning.)

ETA is short for something that means, er, "written later." Hang on, I'll check the acronym finder... Oh yeah, "edited to add."
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Ya know something? I didn't realize how much of a nerd I was until I thought about this. We're debating over the middle initials of two characters in a book. I just wanted to point out that fact.

Not that I'm against this. It's fun to pick out little details. I'm just disappointed that I didn't notice that.
                    Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                    "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                    "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

You think that's bad? Just wait until someone points out that Nita's power rating goes up, not down, every time we see her Manual entry in a book . I can't find any topics pointing that one out.

Besides, her middle name's come up before in a topic. There's one about Kit's middle initial, too.

Comment

Whoa Pm your right it does go up.
                        Hmmm well this is guarunteed to be deliberate on DD's part because I seriously doubt she'd make this kind of oversight. I'm sure this is indicative of something...I'm not sure what though.

anyways you can tell I'm a nerd since I carry all 8 books to school everyday in the super giant bookbage i have!

---------------------------------------
                        YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                        "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

DD confirmed in one of the chats that it is indeed deliberate. (I posted the earlier post before that chat.)
                          She wouldn't clarify, though - anyway, you can look at the chat log and see her reply.

Comment

Working...
                          X