Translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translations

Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; September 1, 2009, 09:10:14 AM. Reason: fix unicode
    ~~~
    No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; September 1, 2009, 09:10:33 AM. Reason: fix unicode
    Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
    Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Thank you and I am glad I was able to help you to!

PS: how did you get the line before your signature?
      Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; September 1, 2009, 09:10:58 AM. Reason: fix unicode
      ~~~
      No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Comment

sorry to intrud but you know in the @ond book in whale speech my name would be Sl'ss yah!

Comment

Slash: congradulations.

campsoup1988: The line that denotes the beginning of the signature is a horizontal rule, and can be found in one of the FAQs, I believe one written by Kathy. If you can't find it with a bit of searching, post again and I'll give you the code; I'm just a bit tired right now.
          Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
          Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Dai Stiho is a greeting it's like saying Hi. How are you? Sometimes they just say Dai which just means Hi.
            Dai Stiho cousens

Comment

The line is done with html's "horizontal rule" (HR) tag.

I personally think that in the Speech is related to Dracon (in the Door books), especially since the Dracon verb for "to be" is stiheh, which is the same stiheh to be used for multiple-consciousness beings in the Speech--and dragons are nothing if not multiple-consciousness beings.

... and then there's the question of the Speech's relationship to Rihannsu. If mnhei'sahe ever appears, we'll know for certain.
              Last edited by Kathy Li; August 31, 2009, 05:33:33 PM. Reason: fixing my accented-o; removing dead FAQ link
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; September 1, 2009, 09:11:29 AM.
                Dai!

P.S. gone libraring

Comment

Ask

Dai, cousins. It seems to me that most of us would like to use the speech. Whether it be to try out wizardry(for the more geekish/mentally insane readers) or so that we may use it to communicate to each other without others knowing what we are saying(a personal use). So...anyone know how/want to contact our lovely author so that she may help us in our wish...By the way in A Wizard Abroad it tells us that Gaelic is the closest to the Speech because of the attraction of the Powers to their greatest creation.
                  Thank you,
                  Pride Synister

Comment

Please please please don't bother DD. She won't be doing it, and she's given her reasons here.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                    X