No announcement yet.

what the Speech looks like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no offence...i know you guys like these books and all...and i love it to...really...but does it matter what the speach looks like? does any of this really matter?
    Darth Vader is my idol

Comment

Well, it adds to the atmosphere of the stories. It's obvious from these topics that some of us would like to know.

It's like the way that there's a Klingon language now, based on very little from the original series. Or a Romulan language, based mainly on DD's books, not the TV series.

People just like to make more of a fictional world or universe that they like - hence fanfiction.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Luv2read, you could be right. I mean, our lives do not depend on what the Speech really looks like, but that's different from it not mattering at all. People obviously care. This is a forum for people interested in the YW series, why would they join or post if they didn't care? It's what PM said. And besides... the little non-important facts are always the most fun , right?

In my opinion the speech looks like a a cross between arabic and the ruin-speech from Lord of the Rings. Specifically the ruins carved on the doors leading into Moria in the Fellowship. If these two ways of writing were combined, I think the result would be interesting.

Comment

it's like a cursive-arabic-wingdings-mathematical hybrid

an all of the above, sort of thingus, considering it IS THE language of the universe.

vv
          PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

(I think its like all the languages combained together...but thats just me o.o;;

doesn't it sound irish though???

(I htink it was in AWA)
            ~*If Time Has A Heart, Its Only Becuase Other Hearts Stop*~

Comment

Out of sheer boredom/insanity, I actually trying to write out how I think the Speech looks. So far it has about 30 vouts, 74 consanants, ellaborations for what kind of life something is, titles, names, personal names, ranks (Powers, etc), whether something is active or passive, whether you're being polite about a name...

It kinda looks like sanskrit, arabic, latin, roman, and japanese smashed together with a sledge hammer X_x. Maybe I'll post it some day ^_^.
              Gutentag, Cousin!

Comment

It was described in HW as looking arabic, but it probabliy has alot of mathimatical sybols in it. Also there may be small runelike drawings to describe certain spells.
                (\__/) "Be amazing"
                (+'.'+)
                (")_(")

Comment

I think the speech of...I don't know...graceful. Arabic, like the books say, except more beutiful. Probably some math in it two.
                  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I think of it as a kinda curly cursive looking thing with a bunch of weird symbols.
                    Oops

Comment

I think the speech looks like a form of cursive writing that can be equaled out like an equation. I also believe that the letter of the speech can be intertwined, and what I love most about the Speech is that you can create new combinations of the Speech because its the language of life. I think that just about covers it
                      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X