Nita's and Kit's Specialities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nita's and Kit's Specialities

Don't Nita and Kit both have somthing they in? If you know what are they?

Don't Nita and Kit both have somthing they in? If you know what are they?

Comment

Um. well i thought Kit was good with things like T.V.s, Cars, Electronicals. and Nita was good with things like plants and living things. But I'm not so sure after I read the last Exerpt.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Yep. Kit's speciality was the inorganic things- electronics, rocks, things like that- while Nita's was organic. However, it mentions that specialities shift, especially while you're younger. The excerpt may be showing signs of that in Nita, or, as she suggests, she may just be getting better.
        Ka Kite
        Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

i hope nita's don't shift, I want her to have more conversations wit Lisued

Comment

Larwan: she'd still be able to talk to Lisued, she would just be better at electronics,rocks, etc. But i dont really want her to shift either.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

Probably she'll talk to everything

Comment

But would she WANT to?
                Yah I would like it if she could gain specialization in the kernel area. I mean if Her and kit started wizarding (is that even a word?) together again, then they'd be a pretty powerful team, world creator and manipulator along with POnch the world finder

Comment

Yeah, what if she didn't want her specialty to change? Can you do anything about that? Can you control what your specialty is, or does your specialty reflect your personality? It seems like Nita's (if that's even hers anymore) sort of came from her dad being in the floral business.

*Ella*(who can now eat chocolate to her heart's content)
                  "If you want to know about a man's character, find out what his cat thinks of him."
                  -Anonymous

"All that is gold does not glitter,
                  Not all those who wander are lost,
                  The old that is strong does not wither,
                  Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
                  From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
                  A light from the shadows shall spring,
                  Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
                  The crownless again shall be king."
                  -J.R.R. Tolkien
                  My fave poem from the whole LOTR (and there are certainly enough of them!).

*Ella*
                  "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                  There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                  And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                  What could mean more than this?"
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

Comment

Mmm... I've always thought of it as something that you can't really help, or possibly do subconsciously. Nita's, at first, seemed to be a reflection of her father's skill with plants- something hereditary. Dairine's... I think it came from her personality, as someone who was pretty rigidly logical, who liked comps already... mind you, we dn't really know what D.'s speciality is, except that she does a lot of work for silicon-based life forms. We also know she does a lot of work with just about everything, because she is/was so powerful.
                      Ka Kite
                      Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen

Comment

Comment

Actually, despite the excerpt, I don't think Nita's specialty has changed--although she's good with machines, nothing was mentioned about her not being good with plants/living things any more.

It's like the way you pick up interests through friends. I had a friend who really loved playing pool and he had nobody else to play with, so I learned to play so he could have a game every now and then, and then I got interested in it myself and got better at it.

I think Nita's newfound ability with machines really may just simply have been from hanging around Kit (and Dairine) for such a long period of time.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Well, in chat today, I asked "Will that be developed further?" She said "yes." Soo... that would seem to Bode.
                            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                            Spelling Freak and Typo Queen

Comment

Cool! UGH I missed the chat again

Comment

Working...
                              X