No announcement yet.

Nita's Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what Philosopherkat I've been thinking the same thing!!! But I don't think he will die, I think he might evolve in some way like the cats in the feline wizards novels!! Ponch is evolvong into something and I think what ever he is becoming or is maybe to powerful a sprite for Ponchs body (like some sort of burn out). I really hope he does not go, cause he's one of thoses people that you love no matter what, he's funny to read but is powerful as well.
    Fox
    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Hmmm.... I don't know. It's a horrible idea. At any rate, Ponch definitely isn't going anywhere until we find out exactly what's happening to him- which may be for some time (two books, even?), considering how few clues we have so far.

Speaking of deaths and crying. I cried when (Order of the Phoenix Spoilers!) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sirius died.</span> My brothers did not understand. I think they're heartless.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

If Ponch died, I would almost certainly end up crying - and I didn't even cry when Nita's mum died. With animal characers, I tend to get lot more emotionally invloved. Bizare? Probably...
        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

"The Second Law of Thermodynamics shows that disorder inevitably tends to increase in the Universe as time passes. Entropy is a measure of this disorder. Living things are not exempt from the Second Law of Thermodynamic

Comment

Jeez. Reading all this is preety sad. I hope none of them die. If they did I would probably cry but, same as Wilf, I didn't cry when Neets mom died either. I hope she does relize soon that she's making mistakes by all this death price stuff. Kit would not be able to get over her death easily would he?
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Nita

First less be practical just for a second Nita isn't going to die It would end the series since the books are written from her point of view; ok that aside, If Nita were real, the kind of chances she takes would guaranty she wouldn't survive. The kind of enemies she's making would ensure that one of them would eventually show up at her house and would probably kill her and every one in the house at the time.

Comment

If I had to guess who was going to die, I'd say maybe Ronan. His type of character tends to be the one to get killed off. I sure hope not though.
                -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

Nita's death? I'm going to say: Unlikely

Originally posted by Rysade View Post
                  I think that Nita's starting to guilt out. Every time she is about to make a huge sacrifice, someone butts in and dies. She's probably wondering why nobody will let her die for them. I'd say that's why she isn't telling Kit about her little plans. That way, he doesn't butt in at the last second and take the full force of it. He would do it too, I know he would.
                  I think this lays at the heart of the matter. As people have said, Nita and Kit have been very lucky, but have lost allies in almost every book. Nita feels that very accutely, which we know because most of the series is from her POV (as many have also said).

Even so, she has incurred alot of damage/energy debts over the course of the series and I think that's going to manifest itself in some form before the series is up.

She's smart, but she's also a bit reckless and is willing to do anything to keep the worlds and her loved ones safe. She also knows Kit would, 1) be furious with her 2) try to split the price and/or 3) try to talk her out of it if he knew the details of some of the stunts she pulls (this is mentioned with the Binding Oath). Kit's her best friend, and she's trying to protect him however she can, that's why she's taking alot of damage.

Now, that's not to say Kit's not trying to protect her, too: it's obvious he is, he just goes about it in a different way (not to mention he's been getting alot of help from Ponch, who's the dog's version of the One). Talk about an 'unfair' advantage

That being said, the Lone Power had mentioned on several occasions that Nita's going to get her dues when she 'runs out of people to die for her' (or something to that effect) and Kit's going to get his 'when she finally betrays him.'

When I was thinking about how this might play out (because I sincerely doubt Nita's going to betray Kit, or any of her friends for that matter) I wondered if maybe Kit is going to try to take the heat, and Nita's going to trick him so she winds up taking the damage. If Nita were once again a necessary variable, you can see how this might fulfill that 'prediction.'

BUT we all know Nita's not going to die, and that she has the peridexis in her head. It stopped her once when she was between states of conciousness, maybe it can do that again. If Nita ever tried to give her life for a spell (like she almost does in WAW) then, after the wizardry starts speaking her, right before she actually dies, the peridexis might inforce a stasis like they forced on Ronan, freezing her on the border between life and death.

...just a thought.

In any case, Nita isn't going anywhere. She's way too tough for that, and she and Kit are way too good at beating the odds, even when they're a quadrillion to one

Comment

Working...
                  X