Just what *is* Nita's hair color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what *is* Nita's hair color?

I vaguely recall there being contradictory information throughout the first three books of the series.

So what is it? Does Nita's hair change color with the seasons (which isn't all that uncommon), varying between brown and dark blonde?

Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
    -- The Book of Forgotten Things
    Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.
    -- The Vorlon Ambassador's Aide

I vaguely recall there being contradictory information throughout the first three books of the series.

So what is it? Does Nita's hair change color with the seasons (which isn't all that uncommon), varying between brown and dark blonde?

-- The Book of Forgotten Things
    -- The Vorlon Ambassador's Aide

Comment

The only description I remember is at the end of SYWTBAW which states that she has dark hair. Exact quotage in the "Age" thread in the Nitpickery.

Yours till the bed spreads,
      Rowen Avalon
      mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
      Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
      "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

If you look on the book covers ..........had to get the books .......lets see......on the first one it sooks like see has blue stands of her (wish I had blue or blond strands )on the second book she looks like she has ......dark hair.....mmmmmmm, kinda hard to tell since she is in the water and the 3rd book,redess strands. in the 4th book blond strands and the 5thbook dark and read strands. can someone inlighten me on this? I think maybe she just dies strands of her hair.I going to do that I am geting blond bangs but, I think I like blue better my mom will freak for real this time. I let my hair grow back to being its brown color but my hair still has some orange tips(I didn't get my whole hair died orange that look so stupid just a couple of strands.

Princess_nita0
        Night owl,Up till Dawn

Comment

I always thought she had brown hair...

AML,
          A Moonlighting X-Phile
          <If all good things must come to an end - than numbers are not our friend!>
          <WARNING: I cannot be help responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.>
          <'Men will fight bravely and be heroes, but for a last ditch defense against any odds, get a mother.' You should recognize that one!>
          And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
          This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
          This spectre on my back shall soon be free
          The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
          --The Pogues--

Comment

Book covers are never accurate... besides which, there've been, oh, two or three covers of the early books, I think. I always thought nita had dark to blackish hair, myself, but I don't know why.
            Ka kite
            Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
            Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
            Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
            Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
            My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I think it depends on who drew the cover because on the front of Support Your Local Wizard (books 1,2, and 3 comined) she has red orange hair.

Comment

I picture it as being dark, whether black or dark brown I really don't know. My hair changes with the seasons. In summer it's a lot lighter.

Perry the odd aspiring Jupitarian

Comment

Myself, I always pictured it as being brown...that's weird, was there something in there that said it was brown? Because if we all have the same idea about it...

*Ella*(who can now eat chocolate to her heart's content)
                  "If you want to know about a man's character, find out what his cat thinks of him."
                  -Anonymous

"All that is gold does not glitter,
                  Not all those who wander are lost,
                  The old that is strong does not wither,
                  Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
                  From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
                  A light from the shadows shall spring,
                  Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
                  The crownless again shall be king."
                  -J.R.R. Tolkien
                  My fave poem from the whole LOTR (and there are certainly enough of them!).

*Ella*
                  "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                  There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                  And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                  What could mean more than this?"
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

I've always thought of Nita as dark-haired - brown or black or maybe (maaaaybe) really dark red that's close to brown. And as for the covers (the new ones) - well, all of them are in different lights (first one is in the morning, second is underwater, third is practically from Mars, fourth is dark, fifth is in another universe so how can you tell? And sixth doesn't even picture Nita...), sooo they're not really good indicators.

<I>Does the voice in my head bother you?</A>

<A HREF="http://flamewing.pitas.com">webjournal</A>|<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/pendragon">angelfire</A>

Comment

Brownish Reddish. I'm guessing that Mrs. Callahan had red hair and that's where Dairine got it form and Mr. Callahan probably has brown hair, I'm just guessing though.

Live your life as if there's no tomorrow, for all you know there might not be.
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

Betty definitely has red hair... it says so in HW, I think; "...the red hair she'd (Dairine) inherited from their mother."
                        That may not be in HW and that's probably not the exact wording, but that's basically it.
                        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

IIRC, Mr. Callahan's hair has gone silver, so there's no telling what color it was before.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

It's in WD, Something like "Her hair was so long now, making her look even more like her mother" something like that.

Live your life as if there's no tomorrow, for all you know there might not be.
                            *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

ms callahan*had*red hair which means she is now an yay

i'm the queen of insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X