Nita's Sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nita's Sister

I was woundering, in High Wizzardy, I got the impression that Nita's sister was younger then Nita, and loved to learn, but in A Wizard Alone, I got the impresion that Nita was younger then her sister, and that Nita had no intreast in learning. Is my interpation correct?

Thanks,
    Campsoup1988

PS: if it is explained in one of the books in between, just let me know which book, but not give away the answer
    ~~~
    No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Dairine is clearly younger than Nita in High Wizardry, yes. In A Wizard Alone, Nita has to be the responsible older sister, making Dairine go to school.

Nita does ask Dairine's help in identifying what has been trying to get in contact with her, but that's because Dairine has more experience with non-organic intelligences.

Nita's older.
    There are two reasons I can see why you might think Nita wasn't interested in learning.
    <LI> She couldn't concentrate in class, largely due to an event in an earlier book, The Wizard's Dilemma (Dairine also has that problem). I think the event is clear in AWAl, but I won't say in case.
    <LI> She deliberately missed classes to rescue Kit. Well, Kit means more to her than learning does.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Wow... it's been awhile since I've been on here!!

I was wondering...was it ever stated the exact age difference between Nita and Dairine? I do remember reading something in HW about Dairine being 11.(Correct me if I'm wrong)Its sometimes hard to tell for sure, because age doesn't seem to be a large concern.
      "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
      -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
      'Creator of Sonderwear'
      -----------------------

Comment

In SYWTBAW, they're introduced with Nita as 13, and Dairine as 11. Nita's just had her birthday. Kit is 12.
        In HW, Dairine is 11, Kit is 13 (his birthday is in August ... and the book is set in July) and Nita's a year older than Kit.
        In AWAb, Nita's 14, and apparently Dairine's 12 in later editions (my copy says 10).
        Skipping ahead, WAW says Nita's 14. Uh... can't see ages for Dairine or Kit, but I'm sure they're there somewhere.

Of the three, only Kit has an Errantry Concordance entry that's more than a stub.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

*Proudly display her "My Fandom Abuses Time" button*

You know what? I got confused just looking at that, and I've read them all numerous times. *shakes head* I think I've just kind of written off ages for the three of them in the books, and stuck them in an age range in my head. It makes things a tad bit less complicated.
          PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Hmmm...I agree with Caitlin. See, I just sort of am thinking of them in terms of my family's ages right now (lol, I eventually trace everything back to my family.) See, Nita's always been my age...despite the fact that when I started reading the books I thought she was in fourth grade, because that's when I first read them, and now it seems like she's 15, because that's my age right now. And Kit, is the age of one of my male cousins, who's a year younger than me. Dairine is the age of my sister, who's 13. Just how I think of them, which is weird...

I know, it makes almost no sense to think of them this way, but it's how my mind works.

Edit: Oh yeah, and once I hit 20, I'm thinking Nita will go back to being 15 in my mind. XD My mind's weird.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Working...
            X