peach appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peach appreciation thread

i know others here love peach, but i knuida wanted a count (dont ask why, even I dont want to know) b/c in DW where kit and nita are on hte phone with tom & carl and they are talking to peach is my fave part of the books- what are your fave peach moments (or just plain mental images caused by ANY book). so here's the question:

do you LOVE peach?

so my school is doing Titanic this year, and i get to be benjamin guggenhiem's latest mistress, and last year i was mrs. potifar in joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat....are we seeing an alarming trend here?????????
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

I liked in HW, when they were tracking dairine, and they were in the big washroom!

"If you can't find the key to happiness, pick the lock"

Comment

Peach is VERY cool.

*~*FireWitch*~*
      A physics geek
      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

I liked Peach about as much as Fred. I just like funny characters who don't try to be funny. I would tell you the funniest line Peace ever has in the book but currently i can't find my copy, all i remember was that I was laughing for weeks afterwards.

Live Life to the fullest
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

"Bad dog! Bad dog! Nonononono!"
          -Peach talking to Annoie and Monty- or possibly Carl...
          You have to have the last bit for that to be funny, but it cracks me up every time. Dunno why...
          Ka Kite
          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
          *sob* back to school....*sob*
          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

"Oh it is, it is a splendid thing, to be a pirate kiiiiiing!"
            "And i did the deed that all men shun, i shot the albatross!"
            but i especially like hte mental image of carl glaring at peach, its great!

hahahahahaha

don't ask if you don't want to recieve
            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Yea. those were definatly two of the lines. Ha Ha Ha!

Live Life to the fullest
              *Agent~M*
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "I could live

Comment

i copied it out of HW into my notebook which has TONS of quotes in it, like the rhyme of the lady of NuRavenna and excerpts from HP#4 (chamber pots...HA!) and it's oath and my compiled version of the wizard's oath, and....yeah, ok off on a tangent. must stop before ..... aack!

Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Peach is the BEST! She's probably the most intelligent thing in YW.

<em>"You are talking to a fan of LOTR, SW, HP and last but definitely not least, YW; acronyms will save the world one day."</em>- purely me
                  "You are talking to a fan of LOTR, SW, HP and last but definitely not least, YW; acronyms will save the world one day."- purely me

Comment

I was just wondering, does anyone think Diane origanally thought that Peach would be a Power?

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
                    *Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

I don't think so. I think she was originally just entertainment, something to make us laugh.

"If you can't find the key to happiness, pick the lock"

Comment

yea.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

I don't know. You could always ask, next chat... I know some authors are very very extreme in terms of planning and so on; but I don't know how DD approaches that, so I have no clue. i agree, it doesn't feel like she did, but that just could be great concealing. *shrugs*
                          Ka kite
                          tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                          *sob* back to school....*sob*
                          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Peach is great! Every scene with her is funny, especially the washroom in HW ("Who knows when I'll get to take another bath?")
                            I also like anytime she predicts the future, and when she starts singing after watching Pirates of Penzance (sp?)

AML,
                            A Moonlighting X-Phile
                            <If all good things must come to an end - than numbers are not our friend!>
                            <WARNING: I cannot be help responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.>
                            <'Men will fight bravely and be heroes, but for a last ditch defense against any odds, get a mother.' You should recognize that one!>
                            And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
                            This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
                            This spectre on my back shall soon be free
                            The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
                            --The Pogues--

Comment

i LOVE gilbert & sullivan- they r grrrrrreat! epsecially if you stay at your desk, and never go to sea, and the someday become the ruler of the queen's navy.
                              ;P

If one is a TRUE book lover, one cannot have a favorite book. It would be an insult to all the other books you have read and loved.

hahaha! got rpg! need help if possible! http://www.avidgamers.com/WWOHP/

smile if you've got frenches-but don't smile if you run into french knnnnnnigots.
                              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Working...
                              X