Where is Consciousness hosted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Consciousness hosted?

In the YW multiverse, where is consciousness hosted for sapient beings? Like Reality Unless Noted would just put it as being a function of active neurons(being maintained by a wizardry during shapechanges, like with a whalesark or the 'elemental duel' thing from GWP), but during HW, when the mobiles stop entropy to try and patch it, it's seemingly implied that consciousness is maintained even when everything else stops.

Also, y'know, it's possible for trees to be sapient.

Aaand with that, I'm going to go get an aspirin...

Hm, I've never considered this. I suppose I always assumed there was a spiritual aspect to consciousness, and that if you're using wizardry, you are in some way able to control or contain your spirit, consciousness, memories, and sentience during a physical change such that it doesn't leave or need to be re-embodied.

Perhaps something similar to what is described as an out of body experience in, say, a hospital where someone experiences watching themself being operated on while their body is unconscious - except a wizard like Nita is doing the operating on their own body, changing it and remaining in it while it changes.

Comment

Working...
    X